Home Buying in Draper>Question Details

T, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I am an investor and I am looking at a half completed property in the hills of Draper, UT. How much should I be willing to pay for such a home?

Asked by T, San Francisco, CA Mon Dec 14, 2009

Answers

1
Obviously each home is different. My concern for you is that when dealing with a 1/2 completed home it only takes a matter of 2 weeks of being exposed to the elements before deterioration of the property begins even though you may not see any noticeable signs. Upon completion of the property walls may start to warp, floors will squeak, nails in drywall may pop, there can be cracks in drywall due to settling and bending. When looking at partially completed homes I advise my clients to buy based on the value of the land only if the structure has been exposed to the elements. If the exterior is complete and you're just talking about the interior requiring completion I'm happy to give you a free market analysis to give you a better idea as to what you should be willing to pay. I'd just need information on exact location, square footage, etc. You can contact me through my website attached below, email me at reccles@utahsold.com or reach me at 801.419.2681