Karan, Home Buyer in 22202

I am an Indian citizen. Can I buy a house in the US and put it up for rent even if I have no legal status?

Asked by Karan, 22202 Tue Jul 14, 2009

Answers

5
Of course you can! This is America, right. Seriously, you must have a valid non-permanent visa and possibly a work authorization depending on the type of visa you hold. Most lenders will require a social security number if you are not paying cash. You can get a SS# through the Social Security Administration. Once your loan app. has been approved there are generally no restrictions for non-permanent residents. If you are a Foreign National you may have to put as much as 35% down in order to obtain a loan. If you have other questions please contact me at gayle@goinggreenhomesva.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 19, 2009
I don't know of any restrictions on foreignors buying here , unless u have problems withhomeland security.
Mortgage is a different issue.
But u can get 50% down mortgages.
U need to talk an expert loan officer on this.
I know Nabil at 703 288 0777 has worked on some cases like these.
rgds,
Ramesh Chandra 703 635 8209
mepcigroup@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009
Yes you can. I work with many buyers who are no U.S. citizens. Are you planning on getting a loan or paying cash? feel free to contact me anytime Norm 703-587-0945 http://www.CALLNORM.com I live and work here in Arlington.
Web Reference: http://www.CALLNORM.com
If you have the money to buy the house for cash (since you probably can't get a mortgage), you should be able to buy. See if you can find a property manager who works with other foreign nationals.
I work with many out of the country buyers who are doing exactly what you want to do. I have set up Escrow Accounts specifically for Real Estate investment. You can reach me by email at jpaley@sbcglobal.net

Thanks, Jon Paley