Ap9ch9, Other/Just Looking in Aurora, CO

I am an Indian Citizen holding US Visitor Visa.Can I buy home in Denver with partial home loan? Shall I need to sell it before expiry of VISA?

Asked by Ap9ch9, Aurora, CO Tue Sep 13, 2011

Answers

2
Dear AP9ch9:

The answer to your questions is; maybe. The issue is really; where will you get the home loan and will the bank know that you are not a citizen?

I am not aware of any law which would preclude you from purchasing a home in the US while on a visitor visa. Having said that, even though you have the ability to purchase the home in the US, why would you purchase a home in the US without a guarantee that you can obtain another visa?

With regard to the home loan, it is likely that a lender will not want to loan you money if they know that you are on a visitor visa, soon to expire.

I hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011
Good Morning, I think you need to contact a real estate attorney to answer your question. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011