Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Shirley, Other/Just Looking in Jacksonville, FL

I am also looking for no money down on hud/gov homes for sale.

Asked by Shirley, Jacksonville, FL Tue Jun 28, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi, Shirley;

Many of the HUD homes are available FHA insured for only $100 down, but you need to have a HUD registered agent to work with (that would be....me!).

There are several programs available that will assist with closing costs and down payment money, but they are all for owner/occupants only. In other words, you have to live there to participate in the program. In addition, there are income caps on these programs as they are designed to assist folks that might otherwise be unable to realize the American Dream of home ownership. In addition, most of them are for first time home buyers only.

Gone are the days when you can get into a house with no out of pocket expense. It doesn't take much to figure out that a loan to anybody that doesn't require some risk on the part of the borrower is just a bad idea. In spite of that, there are these programs, as mentioned in other posts, such as the USDA Rural Housing Intiative, the FL Bond, the H2H grant and others that can assist a qualified borrower to get into thier first house so they can live (hopefully) happily ever after.

All of these programs require a property that is in move-in condition, so they cannot be used to buy any of these beat up foreclosures or shortsales. Your best bet is to hire a qualified full time Realtor to assist you in your search. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 20, 2011
Good morning your questions has 2 parts.
1St No money down- U can do a bond program that pays $7500 for you must have not owned a home in the last 3 yrs and must attend a class but the $7500 can cover your down payment as well as some closing cost. Also there is USDA loans for Clay County which includes OakLeaf Plantation and that is 100% financing but you still have closing cost that you can ask the seller to pay for.

2Nd- Hud homes there are alot of them on the market as well as forclosed homes they still require a down payment but I would be more than happy to send you a list.

I hope this helps if you have any other questions please feel free to contract me at 904-505-5083..Thanks
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 29, 2011
There is also 100% financing with USDA loans too,They are in St Johns County and Clay.Let me know if you need more info.Marc Cameron 904-566-2864.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 28, 2011
Florida bond money is also available
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 28, 2011

Can you give a little more detail? Are you looking for clients that have specific requirements?

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 28, 2011
Shirley, I am an approved HUD Realtor. Give me a call or email me and let me know what your looking for. dprice@agentlink.net 904-962-8089. I also am a State Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser so I know the local market.
Don Price USN-RET
Certified Distress Property Expert
REMAX Specialists
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 28, 2011
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 28, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer