Home Buying in Orient>Question Details

Greatgranny, Home Buyer in Orient, IL

I am a 56 yr old woman with a 9 yr old son. Wanting to leave a marriage & I have no credit. How do I try to go about getting a loan?

Asked by Greatgranny, Orient, IL Sat May 28, 2011

looking @ a property listing @ Orient, Il The price is:$29,500.00. I will eventually be able to recieve money from a home that will be sold But that will not be for awhile. I need to be able to get a loan now. Help please

Answers

1
Dear Great Granny,

Over 90% of mortgage loans that are currently underwritten follow Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and FHA guidelines. These guidelines require two years of acceptable credit with at least two tradelines history, two years of stable work. You can establish such track record with utility bills, etc. You may have to work on things prior to qualifying for such above loans.

Two suggestions for you: 1) You can look for a private loan if you can put substantial money down, generally around 40+% down payment. 2) Even a better way would be to do a lease option...that is if you find a seller to work with you and enter into a lease agreement with you providing you an option (can be 12 to 24 months) to buy at a later date. This can be ideal for you as you can move into a home that you ultimately like to buy. There are some varialble to discuss and think about. I suggest you find a local loan consultant and a real estate professional and seek their advise.

Best of luck,

Steve Mohseni (DRE#-1267039)
925-484-0707
http://www.BayAreaHomeFinder.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011