skeens.12, Home Buyer in Pickerington, OH

I am a teacher, but my Realtor cannot get the HUD website to accept my bid on a GNND property.

Asked by skeens.12, Pickerington, OH Tue Jan 1, 2013

Is there something special you have to do first to be able to bid on Good Neighbor Next Door properties on the HUD website?

Answers

3
The advise given by Molly is correct, it is also my understanding that the house must be in the district or area served that you are a teacher in as well.
First your agent has to be registered to place bids on the HUD site. Second the home must be eligible for the GNND program. If this is the case then check to make sure the bid timeframe hasn't already expired. For example if the bidding period for the GNND expired Friday the home will still show that it is available but it really isn't until the HUD offices re open after the holidays. If all else fails the agent needs to contact the property manager to find out what they need to do. When purchasing a HUD make sure your agent is aware of the process! This is extremely important for your home buying process!
The agents broker needs to register with HUD. I've included a link where you can search for homes and brokers in case your agent cannot help you with this.