Home Buying in Geneva>Question Details

John Stochmal, Home Buyer in Naperville, IL

I am a 1st time home buyer and am scoping out buyer's agents, possibly someone who has dealt with

Asked by John Stochmal, Naperville, IL Sun Jan 4, 2009

REO/Forclosure purchases. Any help?

Answers

11
Veronica Heaton’s answer
I started out in the business many years back as a Buyer's agent for the top listing agent in the nation. I worked exclusively with buyers and make every effort to work within their exact criteria. It is imperative to listen to what they want.

I also ensure a smooth transaction that allows a comfort to all my Buyer's. I offer a FREE Home Warranty and Free inspection. My success is measured in the VALUE I give to Seller's and Buyer's alike. Each client is valuable, I keep my clients for a lifetime with continued client appreciation dinners, get togethers, mailers and ongoing magnets and coupons.
Hi John, The first step in your home-buying process should be to get pre-approved for a mortgage so that you know what purchase price/loan amount a lender will allow for you. You will also want to be sure that your housing payments fit within your budget. You may be pre-approved for a certain amount, but those payments may fall out of what you want to pay each month. You also want to get your credit reviewed ASAP to identify any issues upfront that may need to be resolved. There are other factors to consider... if you are self employed or receive 1099 income, this needs to be reviewed carefully. Bonus and commissioned income should also be carefully reviewed upfront because lenders want to see a consistent amount being made going back 2 years. Contact me ANYTIME with your mortgage questions. 630-890-3599. jenniferz@avenuemortgage.com

Good Luck :)
I live in Geneva & am an agent with Re/Max. If you want to supply me with your e-mail, I'll be happy to send you what's available in the area. You can also check out a website called Realtytrac.com for a lot of information on what's available.
John; a lot of answers out there good luck with your purchase,
If you go with an agent that is offering a rebate make sure you get it in writing and that you won't be reponsable if the selling agents offered commision is less than what the rebate agent wants.
Hello John!

Congratulations-what a way to start out the new year! I am an agent in Geneva- Being able to consult with first time buyers on the details from securing a loan to finding that new home and getting the keys is what this business is all about!
I would be happy to meet with you to go over your goals and answer any questions you may have. Feel free to give me a call.
Gina Tarpey
Coldwell Banker Primus
415 E State Street
Geneva, IL 60134
630-208-5380
Hello John, What you should be looking at are Short Sales/Pre-Foreclosures. Not REO's/Foreclosures. I have incredible success with Short Sales for my Buyers. All of my services are Free! And you will even receive a Cash Rebate at the Closing!
Hi John,

Many Agents are going to jump on the chance to work with you with an open ended question like that!!! It's important to connect with a Real Estate Agent that listens to your concerns, can help you with your search, and is also versed in REO and Foreclosures. I am a Buyer's Agent at Re/Max Suburban in Wheaton, Illinois. I have extensive experience with First Time Home Buyers, and I would love to sit with you and go over ALL of your options. An REO or Foreclosure home may or may not be the right fit for you. But by sitting down and listening to you, we can discuss and work out a solution together that will be the right fit for you in the long run. Call me at (630) 868-6350 or go to my website at http://www.ChrisManisco.com. Let's talk about all of your possibilities in this market. There are more options than you think!
Web Reference: http://www.ChrisManisco.com
John
Call us to get the PRO-TEAM ADVANTAGE. We are agents with Century 21 Pro-Team. Our office lists and sells many REO/Forclosur. Most of our clients are 1st time buyers like yourself. If you choose to work with us, we will take the time to make you frist purchase a enjoyable experience. If you plan to interview REALTORS, our web site, http://www.ez247tour.com would be a good place to start.
Rick & Debra Ramirez
Century 21 Pro-Team
630 546-5478
Web Reference: http://www.ez247tour.com
John;

Call me at 309-208-7748 and I can help you find an ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative) ceritified agent in your area.
Hello John,

I am an active real estate agent and real estate investor. I have been working with REO's and Foreclosures almost exclusively when purchasing for myself or my clients for the last 12 months. I am well versed with the process and dealing with banks, addendums and short sales. I would be happy to interview for the position of buyer's agent. I have also been a St. Charles and Geneva resident for the last 20 years. Email me at chris@clarkhometeam.com, and I would be happy to answer any specific questions or get the process started.

Chris Clark