Home Buying in Hartsville>Question Details

Rhonda, Other/Just Looking in Hartsville, SC

I am a single mom looking to buy a home, but i dont have much credit. Is there any way i could get some help? I dont make alot of money.

Asked by Rhonda, Hartsville, SC Wed Apr 14, 2010

I pay $425.00 a month in rent I want to buy a house or get some help. Please someone give me some advice.

Answers

3
Hello Rhonda,

I commend you on your decision to want to purchase a home. It's a great time to do so in many areas since home prices have come back down to reality.

I highly recommend that you shop around to find a good quality lender that you trust and feel comfortable with. And of course they should really know what they're doing since so many changes have been made the last year or so.

Perhaps you could ask some of your friends, co-workers, etc as to whom they would recommend based on their own recent experiences. If they had a great lender, then should be eager to want to refer you to them.

You could do the same in order to find a great Realtor as well.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 14, 2010
I would check into the USDA Rural Development Program. I will be happy to set up a meeting and talk to you about the Program.
I am interested in speaking with you, my number is 843-917-4924 leave a message if no answer. I live in Hartsville SC Thanks!
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
Rhonda,

There is a 1% loan option through the USDA program. Most of the properties in Hartsville may qualify. I can pass you the contact info. Email me at monicascrealtor@gmail.com.