Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

oorahgunny7, Renter in San Antonio, TX

I am a single 50% disability and retired veteran never owned a home...what are my benefits on buying and whats my first step? I have a COE.

Asked by oorahgunny7, San Antonio, TX Thu Feb 7, 2013

Answers

9
The best first step is to speak with a lender's rep to be qualified. This can sometimes be quite painless, initially only about 10 minutes if you get with an independent loan officer. If you contact me I'll arrange this quickly. There is no obligation. We will give you a definitive answer before the day ends.
Ron/210-837-7378
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 7, 2013
Hi.

There are many benefits to owning vs. renting and many benefits such as pride in homeownership, equity building, poossible tax benefits. As a disabled veteran with 50% disability, you could get your VA funding fee waived plus get .5% off of your interest rate through the Tex Vet VA loan program. I can assist you with this loan. I can also connect you with a top notch real estate agent to help you find your next home. I've helped clients achieve the American Dream of homeownership for 14 years and I can help you as well. Call me at your convenience.

Vino Alonzo, Loan Officer
NMLS# 184279
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
210-685-7642
valonzo@castlecooke.com
I, too, am a disable veteran as I served 22 years in the Air Force. I used my VA and TX Vet to buy my last home and saved a lot of money. The rates are amazing and since you are disabled, you don't have to pay the funding fee.

Your first step is to talk with a lender who is well versed in VA and TX Vet loans. I have a fantastic lender and her name is Marsha Neimeier with Patriot Bank. Please call her. She handles almost of all of military disability loans. Her number is 210-313-1393.

Once you get pre-approved for a loan and know what your spending range is, then I would be happy to help you find a home. I have lots of retired and disabled veterans as clients.

Thank you for your service and best wishes...

Terri Saari

Terri Saari, Realtor®, Retired United States Air Force
Certified Relocation Specialist
Company Trainer
210-887-3477 Cell http://www.WelcomeHomeToSA.com
Texas' FIVE STAR Realtor 2012 and 2011 as seen in Texas Monthly
Platinum Top 50 Award Winner 2011/2012 Finalist
Gunny, thanks for your service.

As a retired CWO5, is am very familiar with what is available for our veterans in the home purchase process. You can combine your VA eligibility with the Texas Vet program. Today's Texas vet interest rate for disabled veterans is 2.66% compared to around 3.5% market rate - you save around $45 per month on a $100,000 mortgage.

Give me a call to discuss details.

Thanks, Roland

Roland Gonzales, ABR, GRI, CRS, CDPE
Broker/Owner
http://www.eCasaRealty.com
rolandg@gvtc.com
210-722-2725
The biggest benefit that no one below has brought up is the fact that as a 50% disabled vet, you will qualify for a reduction in interest rate going thorugh the VA Texas Vet program. One of the things I love about Texas is, we love and respect our Vets... and that's the way it should be.

Right now the disabled Vet interest rates are in the Mid 2s!!! Gotta love it! You can do a VA Texas Vet loan with zero down. There are some reductions to the closing costs as well. You will get the sweetest deal there is!

Start here: http://www.DHIMortgage.com/Kasey-Hampton - She is the best VA / Texas Vet lender in Texas. She does more of these than any lender I know and knows them backward and forward.

On top of what she can do for you, I am probably the best you will find at getting the seller to lower the price, pay all the VA / Texas Vet fees and closing costs, getting repairs completed, the works! And I won't cost you a penny. I get paid for by the other agent or builder, whichever the case may be.

Give me a call, shoot me a text, or e-mail me and I'll walk you through it.

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Finalist
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
There are many benefits that you can use, but each case needs to be considered individually. Being a Realtor for more than 36 years has taught me to give each of my clients a personal attention and service. Please contact me to start the process.
Thanks so much for serving our Great country and God bless you.
Jose L. Novelo
A VA loan will offer you many benifits, like 0 downpayment and the ability to roll the closing costs into your loan - this make buying a home available with little to no out of pocket expenses. Your disbility will allow you additional cost effective programs.
Talk to a loan officer who works with VA loans to expore all of your options. I have contact numbers and names for you.
Our company represents the Military on the Move (MOM) programs. We offer cash rebates to the military buyer. Happy to explain more about this when you contact me.
Great rates, lots of homes to choose from and great benifits for the vet; lots of good reasons for you to consider home ownership.

Sue
First off thank you for your service. If I am not mistaken I believe you will have little or no funding fee. That really is a big deal because it cuts back on the closing costs that have to be paid. The VA also has a few thousand dollars in non allowables that the seller has to pay. A good realtor will negotiate the seller paying most of the closing costs. I have had many va buyers move into a home and get part or all of their earnest money back.
A good first step is talking with a lender. I work closely with Michael Kidd at frontier lending is number is 210-530-1247.
Thanks, and good luck with your search.
Vince Arnall
210-722-6243
The benefit of buying rather than renting is that you can usually pay less a month on a mortgage payment than you can on rent, you can do almost anything you want to your house than you can on a rental that you don't own and the best part is you can deduct the interest and taxes you pay on your mortgage on your tax return.

The first step to buying a house is to talk to a Mortgage Lender to get pre-approved. Most mortgage lenders originally will take your information on the phone and then let you know if you qualify in less than an hour. All documents that are needed for the loan can either be faxed or scanned over to them, and if you do not have either I can come pick up all the items and send it over to them myself. I have had clients that did not have a computer at home, or means of faxing it, that I have done that for them.

Let me know if I can be of any help referring a Mortgage Lender and helping you find just the perfect house for you!!!!