Home Buying in 73117>Question Details

Don Young, Home Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK

I am a senior citizen, with a very modest social security income and poor credit, wanting to return to OKC.

Asked by Don Young, Oklahoma City, OK Tue Sep 17, 2013

I grew up in Edwards Addition, but returning there is not absolutely necessary.

I'll need down payment assistance. I can COMFORTABLY pay $250-$350/month, but can squeeze up to $500/month, which is still much less than I pay for a studio apt here in hyper-expensive Los Angeles.

Help the community by answering this question:


Good afternoon:

To the best of my knowledge you will need at least a 640 credit score to be able to get down payment assistance, If you do not need the DPA then i have mortgage companies that might be able to get you a mortgage with as little as a 580 score:

If i can help you in any way please contact me:

John Phillips
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 17, 2013
Thanks. My score is not there yet. I plan to move next spring (2014), so maybe I can get it at least to 640 by then. I'm going to have to get reacclimated to OKC weather, so I don't want to move before the severe winter. Spring, 2014, sounds good. Thanks for your response!
Flag Tue Sep 17, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer