Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Sid, Home Buyer in Clarendon Hills, IL

I am a real estate investor looking for realtors to work with, how do I find them

Asked by Sid, Clarendon Hills, IL Wed Jul 28, 2010

Answers

16
My advice? Never chose to work with anybody who thinks he/she is the best in what they are doing. They spend more time caring for their ego than for their clients.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 28, 2010
Sid,

You're in the right place. Search this Advice section using your city/zip, find the most active agents in this forum and choose the ones who seem to be offered good, constructive advice. It's a good place to start. Also, ask around for personal referrals. Ask friends, associates, lenders, contractors.

Best of luck, Annie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 28, 2010
Sid,

I'm a commercial realtor that deal exclusively with investors and professional real estate professional. I have several realtors as clients. Feel free to call me at 7738175646. I can direct you to bank owned, distressed and other investment opportunities in Chicago that are not listed.
Most of the best opportunities for investors are for unlisted, bank controlled properties, typically most need work and have some issues. The savy investor can capitalize on these issues ans make 100% retunr in less than 12 month. I currently have a 4000 sq ft commercial location available for $400,000 that is really worth $800,000. Call me for more info. Visit my website for more background info on my company and i

thanks
Web Reference: http://www.jpcchicago.com
Hi Sid if you need a Short Sale Negotiator ,I can help you! Majority of realtors dont negotiate their own deals or dont have the knowlegde to do so. I have 9 years of experience. I will touch Bank of America deals that nobody wants to do because of Equator and any other lender. If it doesnt close you pay me nothing. Call me for more information 708-526-1803.
There are several ways to find realtors in an area. Real estate web sites like this can help you find a realtor. Also asking people that you know if they can refer you to an agent that they have used. Once you have found estate agents that work in the areas and where you would like to invest, it is a good idea to interview two or three before deciding who you feel comfortable representing you.
Sid,
By posting on sites like this you find them!

I would be happy to help you find some investment properties. Remember, when it comes to investments, its all about the numbers! I have experience working with a ton of investors and I would be happy to help you out. I would say interview a few of us agents (about 2-4 of us) and choose the one you mesh best with.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
My advice is look for an agent who understands investing and knows a lot of different areas. It is completely different than buying a home for your own use. Finding a home and being an expert on your area is one thing, but recognizing and achieving the balance of a business money-making opportunity is completely different. I am in your area and would be happy to tell you more. I do work with investors.
Hey Sid,

My best advice to you is to pick an agent that is deeply familiar with the area you're considering investing in. Many markets are difficult to understand as the range of values between distressed and market ready properties is quite large. Also, pick an agent who is aligned with your particular goals. A jack of all trades agent is a master of none.

Many factors can dictate who the best agent is for you:

1. Are you planning to renovate (redevelop) distressed properties? If so, choose and agent familiar with construction estimating.

2. Are you buying Multifamily buildings with the intention of creating monthly cash flow? Pick an agent who has experience as a landlord in the market area your considering operating in and who can help you understand best management principals for these types of investments.

3. Are you a commercial developer? Make sure your agent has lots of experience and contacts in this area.

As for myself, I specialize in affordable to moderately prices areas. I work with developers and investors to bring quality redeveloped properties to these areas. I also work with first time homebuyers. These two markets compliment each other as the developers need to know there are willing and able buyers for their products, and the homebuyers want to know that they are getting a solid value. My background is in residential contracting and I have experience as a landlord as well. My mission to is help create more sustainable affordable communities.

Best of Luck.

Wayne Beals
Keller Williams CCG
312-77BEALS
312-772-3257
wbeals@kw.com
FREE REAL TIME MLS SEARCHES AT http://www.waynebeals.com
Web Reference: http://www.waynebeals.com
Hello Sid,
My suggestion is to interview a few Realtors, you will find out real quick which ones are really retail Realtors and really do not know much about investing or investors. Next interview those Realtors who you have screened to know they are investors and know something about investing. Finally talk to some investors-you can find them at the local REI club. Even there you have to be careful. Not all folks in the REI club have done deals. If you have any other questions--drop me a line or give me a call. 224-365-4201
Sid,

I don't think you can throw a rock without hitting a Realtor!

Meet with at least three Realtors and choose a Realtor that you feel comfortable working with, knows the areas that you want to invest, is experienced, answers your questions, gives you honest advice, returns your calls (e-mails, texts etc.) and is willing to help guide you through the whole process from beginning to end.

Contact me if I can be of any further assistance. Good luck on your investments - there are a lot of deals out there you just have to have a Realtor willing to work hard for you to help find them!

Frank J. Schneider
FrankJosephSchneider@gmail.com
Set up some interviews, and look at there profile page. This is where you become the boss and find realtors that are not only knowledgeable but also have great time management skills. A lot of investors are not only looking for an agent but somebody they can build a good business relationship with and that is where the friendship factor falls into place.
Sid,

I would interview a few agents before ultimately settling on one. Ask detailed questions, make sure you get the answers you want and based on their professionalism, knowledge and experience, make your decision.

As someone has already stated, Trulia is an excellent resource so I'm certain you will find help here. Good luck.

John J Mondello Jr, Realtor
Keller Williams
(225) 329-8119
"I find the house, you make it home."
Look no further, we are who your looking for! Majic Realty Group, is a team of professionals with resources designed to help you buy or sell a home more effectively. Majic Realty Group has the depth and expertise to meet your real estate needs. From first-time buyers to seasoned investors, I will handle your transaction with the upmost professionalism.
I find it hard to believe that I am the only agent in the city that is responding........ My web site has information that might be of help to you. I have been in the business over 20 years.

philip
Be advice we can give is call around,check here on trulia, look them on by area, and see who pops up, read what their page or website has to say about them , then see whose willing to work with you and how experienced they are. Ask quesitons.
All the Best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference: http://www.urhomerealty.net
Ha ha, you should have about 30 on here in a few minutes - just wait! Sorry couldn't resist. Just search for find a pro on the top bar and read some of the agents answers to find a couple you think give good advice - won't be hard, there are some great agents on here.