Home Buying in Madison>Question Details

jocelyn.mcfa…, Home Buyer in Madison, WI

I am a real estate investor and wondering what zip codes in the Madison and surrounding areas are selling the most houses and at what price?

Asked by jocelyn.mcfadden, Madison, WI Thu Jul 19, 2012

Answers

2
Bill E’s answer
Wow...for a "Real Estate Investor", you have the slimmest book of contacts ever. Trulia is seriously your best market research tool?

How long have you been 'investing' in real estate? I mean, besides the house you live in. And your 'investment plan' includes buying single family homes in popular zip codes? Let's walk thru the math....buy a single family home, "fix it up", re-sell or rent it. Wait, wait...that won't make any money.

Can we assume you have buckets of cash for this investment? Oh...you want a list of Lenders who will fork over large amounts of money for a single family home investment property? These are the same lenders who are reluctant to provide first mortgages on owner-occupied houses, but they will welcome you with open arms and open checkbooks. Only not.

You could ask "how many developers/landlords/realtors/builders ( in other words, real estate investment professionals) are losing their investment properties to foreclosure?".

It is the long line over there. Go stand in it.
Hi Jocelyn, great question. We beak down the Madison market into smaller areas than that, If you give me a little more info on what you really want, I'll send you all the data you need - pardon any syntax errors, on my mobiile Eric Reusch . ereusch@bunburyrealtors.com