Home Buying in Detroit>Question Details

Jonathan Mar…, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

I am a non-resident based in Sweden looking to buy property in Detroit and seeking excellent contacts and info relating to the process. Can you help?

Asked by Jonathan Martin, Outside U.S. Sun Sep 2, 2012

*I am thinking about setting up a LLC
*Need info on buying all types of property including foreclosures
*Need excellent professional contacts, eg Property management companies, renovation contractors, attorney, tax expert etc
*I am looking for low (Sub 20k ideally lots less) cost high yield properties in reasonable condition.
*Conscidering section 8 landlord role..good or bad idea?
*Need advice on where to buy and best potential capital growth

Answers

13
Please give me a call. I have info on wholesale investment portfolios:

S. Toni Jennings | Realtor®
City Living Detroit | Redefining Urban Living
444 West Willis, Ste. 108, Detroit, MI 48201
Mobile: 313.409.4740 | Main: 313.242.7800

CityLivingDetroit | Twitter | Facebook
That is what we do here. Please contact me crystal@crystalhardison.com
Jonathan, I am a freelance writer for TheDaily.com, a U.S. based online magazine. I am writing a story on foreign investors looking to purchase residential property in the city of Detroit and I'd like to interview you for the story.

Please contact me at Mas1774@yahoo.com and we can set up an interview or I can send you questions via email that you can answer. Thanks!
Did Jonathan take the interview? I'd love to see your article and reference it when dealing with other foreign investors when asking about Detroit. Thanks!
Flag Fri Oct 12, 2012
Hi Jonathon,

Are you related to Siva. Last week i responded to the same questions, from some guy in Sweden.
But i could not get a contact info.
Sorry Bob not related to siva, but curious about you response. PLease forward it to me :)
Flag Tue Sep 11, 2012
We have over 30 properties in the Detroit Area that we are selling right now . My company name is Priority One Investment Inc. Give us a call at 407-814-2023 or email us at reoheros@priorityoneinvestment.com . All our properties in the Detroit area we are selling for very inexpensive prices .

Take Care ,
Scott
Hi Scott, Thanks for your response. This sounds promising, what is the cheapest property you have available in Detroit that could be rented for $700+
Cheers
Jon
Flag Tue Sep 11, 2012
Hi Jonathan.
I'm an investor in Detroit, i've been buying and selling property for around 4 years.
there are some great deals in Detroit, but there are some great sharks also, just wiating to take you money. i'm in Detroit until 25th Sept 2012 then I'm back in the UK where i live. email me and i'll gladly give you some tips on where and what to buy.

howard@sspc.co

Howard
Jonathan check out the website below
Hi David, thanks for the response. I am at a research stage of my business planning and was wondering if you would not mind sending me some data relating the cost of house renovation tasks in the Detroit area. I am considering buying forclosures and renovating them but need accurate info about your fees and budgets for renovations etc
Twiga_uk@hotmail.co.uk
Cheers
Jon
Flag Tue Sep 11, 2012
Please email me at crystal@crystalhardison.com
Good morning, my name is Inspector Darrul Stocks, owner of Stocks Home Inspection Inc. located in Detroit, Mi. I will provide you with high quality professional home inspection services. I am a member of the International Association Of Certified Home Inspectors. I use state of the art equipment in all of my home inspection services such as the Flir Infrared Camera. This technology allows us to provide you with the whole picture & arm you with the information needed to make an informed decision about the properties you plan on purchasing. We have saved our clients tens of thousands of dollars in costly repairs by helping them avoid money pits. Please give me a call at (313) 377-6967 or visit us onliat http://www.stockshomeinspection.com
Hi Darrul
Thanks for the detailed response. I am at a research stage of my business planning and was wondering if you would not mind sending me some data relating the cost of house renovation tasks in the Detroit area. I am considering buying forclosures and renovating them but need accurate info about your fees and budgets for renovations etc
Twiga_uk@hotmail.co.uk
Cheers
Jon
Flag Tue Sep 11, 2012
Hello!

"Watson Realty Corp. is an established leader and has a reputation for its expertise in representing some of the finest homes in the community.

A powerful local brand, Watson Realty Corp. was also chosen to represent Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, a 48-year-old "by-invitation" global network responsible for more transactions each year than any other real estate network.

Our affiliation with this powerful organization gives us strong connections to well respected firms in over 30 countries and benefit from a referral program that makes over 40,000 client introductions each year - more than any other real estate organization. The relationship gives our properties additional global exposure and has proven to be a beneficial source of buyers." Watson Realty Corp.

Please visit my site: http://tinacomstock.watsonrealtycorp.com/Buy/RelocationServi… to learn more about our relocation program. I also an expert in Short Sales and Foreclosed properties and would be glad to assist you.

In regards to your business and contacts in Detroit, please check this site: http://detroitchamber.com/

Thank you for your interest and hope to be of further assistance to you.

Tina Comstock
Realtor, Certified Distressed Property Expert
(904)323-8045
http://www.tinacomstock.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Good Morning Johnathan,

We are Detroit Global Investments, LLC, a real estate acquisition company based in Detroit. Along with our tenant placement company, Metro Detroit Rental Experts and Property Management, we would like to give you the opportunity to take advantage of our specially selected investment properties and services.

We offer two packages; "Gold Member Select" and "All Inclusive". Our "All Inclusive" properties are a totally hands off experience. These properties are completely refurbished (up to City of Detroit and Section 8 guidelines), tenanted and cash flowing with great Return On Investment (R.O.I.).

We offer fully renovated properties in family friendly neighborhoods that are priced below many of our competitors. We have pre-refurbished properties as well. We have experienced contractors and maintenance workers available at costs that should fit your budget.

We also offer our "Gold Member Select" package. This program offers investors, new to Detroit real estate, a more upfront and hands on approach and "low entry points" with high yields. You are involved in every aspect, from selection to completion. We assist you with all services mentioned in the previous paragraph. This package allows for a greater "Return On Investment"(R.O.I) depending on the property selected.

We're with our investors from "start to finish". Services Include (but not limited to):
*Property Search
*Acquisition
*Refurbishment
*Tenant Placement
*Property Management

Allow me to take some time addressing some of your key concerns:

*If you check our website at: http://www.detroitglobalinvestments.com, we have a link that gives details of our "Purchase Process", including your LLC set up.

*We manage over 200 properties.

*We employ an accountant and an attorney to assist our investors with all tax and legal issues.

*We only purchase in areas where we can guarantee a minimum rent of $800+.

*Last but not least; Section 8. We have relationships with 20+ Section 8 offices in Southeast Michigan. But, just because someone has a Section 8 voucher, doesn't necessarily make them a good, qualified tenant. We screen all tenants the same, Section 8, working tenants, etc. We check all references, verify actual landlords and do a visual check where the prospective tenant currently resides. So, to answer your question, having a Section 8 tenant can be a GREAT idea if tenant is screened properly.

We are confident that you will be very pleased with the services we offer.

For more information or to make your reservation for purchase, please contact me directly at 248-346-6135 or contact us via email at begin@detroitglobalinvestments.com or joe@detroitglobalinvestments.com. We look forward to working with you.

Kind Regards,

Joe Williams
Licensed Realtor

THE J WILLIAMS TEAM
A I REALTY
DETROIT GLOBAL INVESTMENTS
DETROIT GLOBAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
METRO DETROIT RENTAL EXPERTS
19602 Grand River Avenue
Detroit, MI USA 48235
248-403-8313 Office
248-346-6135 Direct
thejwilliamsteam@gmail.com
joe@detroitglobalinvestments.com
http://www.detroitglobalinvestments.com
"Houses are not our business, PEOPLE are."
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi Jonathan,
I can help you with that. I am a licensed real estate agent and lisenced builder in Michigan. I also am associated with and attorney and several title companies. I do work with investors who purchase multiple properties. If i can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me.

Bob Schweiss
Remerica Hometown one
(313)779-6188 cell
schweiss.r@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
If your serious about investing here give me a call 313 574-2354 Daniel
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012