Home Buying in New York>Question Details

ang63, Renter in New York, NY

I am a foreigner. I have a studio apartment at 55 Wall Street. It's not able to rent out since January. What is the possible reason?

Asked by ang63, New York, NY Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

16

After Sandy last November, many financial firms moved out Wall Street.
That's the reason why more vancancies there, more investors want to sell and the price stays low.
On the opposite, midtown and upper town are increasing.
May god has some other wish for you. U may get a better buyer.
Makes no sense. Who has it listed ? What is the price? What are the bldg fees?

Apartments are renting in 15 min.

Let me help you .

Kdevine@bellmarc.com
Web Reference: http://Www.bellmarc.com/dev
I would love to take a look at your place and give you a current market analysis. Once it is posted in our database, it can be viewed by thousands of brokers who might have a client for your unit and 100K+ visitors that check our website looking for apartments or homeowners looking to downgrade. You can call me to further discuss and start having maximum exposure for your listing.

Sandy
Citi-Habitats
Licensed Real Estate Associate
646-831-1955
snavas101@gmail.com
Si just rented a studio there.
It is the exposure of your listing as well as the market.
I can help you do it if you wish.
Fern Hamberger
Vice president
Fhamberger@corcoran.com
Marketing, timing and pricing are all key factors in finding renters. It is now May and rental season has been in full swing. Hire a good agent who has a great marketing plan possibly with clients waiting for apartments and try again. I am sure you will rent soon.

Athena Pettway
Exit Realty Landmark
347-314-6859
212-616-9888 ext 237
I would love to look into the resin why. Please give me a call.
Fajardo Delacruz
347 932-0609

Pricing and timing is key to renting it quick. If you do not have an agent, you should hire one right away to avoid wasting any more time and money. There's only about four studio's for rent right now, not sure which one is yours and if it's even listed online.

We've done many sales and rental deals in this building. Please contact me for more information.

Parish
parish.pradhan@kwnyc.com
Perhaps you aren't listed with an agent; perhaps the marketing does not maximize your exposure; perhaps it's pricing; perhaps it's location.....
Hello Ang63,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having trouble renting your unit at 55 Wall. I actually do a lot of business in that building. I sold unit 727 and have it as a rental property that I keep rented for my investor client. Unit 727 is a studio as well and I have had no problems renting it out. There are a few tips that I would be more than happy to share with you to get it rented.

For your convenience here is the link to the Rented apartment:

http://www.townrealestate.com/rental/id-640994/55-Wall-Stree…

I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Paul Macapagal
pmacapagal@townrealestate.com
Town Residential
917 612 2746
Hi, thank you for your quick reply. My studio is about 950. May I know how much can i rent for long/short term lease per month? What is the market value of this apartment(estimate)?
Flag Tue Apr 30, 2013
Need a lot more information to be able to answer this question. Are you the owner of the studio? Is the apartment a Condo or a Co-op? Co-ops most often have strict rules about renting. Who is telling you that you are not able to rent it out?

Olga Friedman, Esq.
Real estate attorney
Olga@DavisandFriedmanLaw.com
http://www.DavisandFriedmanLaw.com
If you have listed with an agent,I would discuss with them what traffic and feedback has been.

A quick glance on the rental inventory in the building seems to indicate the studios (of which three are on market)- two have been on since late november and late december. Many post Sandy have moved out of the area (some tenants/owners/offices are not yet back even...). Likely a function of price and location for this submarket.
If you would like assistance in renting it, please contact me. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
Please email rose@anchornyc.com with your contact info and will help you to rent your place soon as possible. Thanks
Are you working with a broker? I have a proven strategy that will keep it renting again and again. If you want to increase your cash flow while keeping the place rented let's talk about a win win marketing partnership!!
I look forward to your email or call.

Respect and Honor,
Ameer Lowe
alowe@kianrealtynyc.com
347-688-2675
Without being more specific, it's impossible to answer that question. Have you hired a broker to rent it for you? Are you not allowed to rent it?