Ap, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I am a foreign national buying in NY. Can I receive 75% financing?

Asked by Ap, New York, NY Mon Sep 8, 2008

Answers

9
75% financing anywhere is not difficult. Do you have a credit rating? Are you employed here?

Contact me off linet at Gail@GailGladstone.com and I will refer you to a terrific mortgage broker who is focusing on foreign national lending.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 8, 2008
I don't see why not, but you have to speak to a banker. Patricia Madison, Wells Fargo Bank 914 437-8692
Web Reference: http://Paulmvpteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 8, 2008
It will require 35% down. That is the correct answer. There are not many lenders who offer a foreign national program. We do!
It will be very difficult - usually there is a minimum of 40 to 50% down for foreign buyers. If you have significant US credit history, it may be possible. I work with many excellent mortgage brokers you can speak with for more detailed information if you are interested.
Very unlikely Ap. These days you will probably have to put down close to 40% if you have any chance of making a purchase here.

I'm with Douglas Ellimand and we have our own mortgage company, if you like I can get you a couple of #'s to our mortgage brokers who deal with probaby 30 different lenders on regular bases and they can further advice you on what is required.

Let me know,
~Alen
We lend 75% up to 650. Do you have a social security or ITIN #? Please email me with your exact scenario and I will let ou know if we can fincne you. sunny_hong@countrywide.com
Gail may be correct. The banking industry has clamped down of motgage financing as a result of the large amounts of loan defauls. Here in Florida, most lenders require full documentation; bank statements, credit, trade references and more possibly.

The loan to value for foreign nationals is more in the range of 35-40% or 60/65 LTV.

There may be private lenders that would be willing to stretch the LTV at higher than standard rates.
Correction to my last response: Assuming no green card, credit and residence here, 65 per cent is the highest you can get.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com