Home Buying in Washington>Question Details

Jamesbrooks, Home Buyer in Dyker Heights, Brook...

I am a first time home buyer looking for assistance and grants for downpayment and repair. Lookng for a one bedroom condo in 2002 area/ large studio

Asked by Jamesbrooks, Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, NY Thu Jan 5, 2012

I like the fairfax village condo for under 75,000 one bedroom and NE 20002 area large studio orone bedroom condo with low condo monthy fee

Answers

2
In addition to HPAP through the Urban League, contact Industrial Bank and ask about the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta down payment assistance program and the DC Bond mortgage and down payment assistance program. FHLBA is $5,500, DC Bond is $10,000 and an FHA mortgage with a 4.25% interest rate (this may have changed. Both can be combined with HPAP, or you can use these programs and not use HPAP at all. I'm using these programs to buy my first home; send me an email if you have questions.
There are loan programs the require $0 down. Also, you may want to look into 203k (renovation loans). Also, the Greater Washington Urban League has a great homebuyer assistance program you may want to look into.

http://www.gwul.org/programs/housing/hpap