Home Buying in Hobbs>Question Details

Chevygirl, Home Buyer in Hobbs, NM

I am a first time home buyer, I recently got a loan on a car but I am looking for a house. Is it difficult to get a bank to finance me a property?

Asked by Chevygirl, Hobbs, NM Tue Feb 28, 2012

Answers

4
Go to a lending agency or a financial institution such as a bank and apply for pre-qualification and then the mystery will be solved. You will not only know if they will lend to you but how much they would be willing to lend so you can start looking at houses in that price range!
Thank you I appreciate both of you ;))
Hi Chevygirl,

Like Anna said, it really depends on your credit, debt to income ratio, down payment and income. Speak to a local lender, maybe find a friend or relative that has worked with a lender that they would recommend.

I like your handle by way :)

Good Luck,
Brent
For a personalized answer do visit with any licensed loan officer to determine qualification; much will depend on income, debt, credit, etc.; be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.