Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Sara, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

I am a first time buyer looking for an experienced patient realtor with short sale & foreclosure experience in center city.

Asked by Sara, Outside U.S. Tue Aug 17, 2010

I'm looking for a 2bed 1 bath condo in center city or old city. Is anyone experienced in these locations? I am interested in foreclosures and short sales.

Answers

6
Hi Sara,

There are actually quite a few short sale and REO condo opportunities available throughout several buildings in the City. Please feel free to call me to discuss your preferences so I can start sending you details on the appropriate condos available. Have a great day. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Direct CELL (267) 254-7994
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 18, 2010
Sara,

Foreclosures and short sales are not necessarily prevalent in 19103, 19106 or other zip codes in Center City.

Skilled investors would scoop them up way before you (on a retail level) ever found them.

Also, you would need to pay cash because financing on a lot of buildings is hard to find.

I am happy to have a conversation with you to go over all the details.

You can call me at 215-852-4469.

Fred Glick
Web Reference: http://fglick.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 17, 2010
Hi Sara,

Yes, I work in Center City and its surrounds and work with a lot of condo buyers. Foreclosures and short sales are more complicated than conventional resales so you are correct that patience is important. Feel free to email me if you would like more information. When you are ready, we could meet at my office to further discuss the process and possibilities.

Michael
mg@michaelgarden.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 17, 2010
S,

Piping in with some advice from Naples, Florida. Once you select a local Realtor where the transaction will occur you may ask them if it would be better to stretch for a 2/2. The reason I mention this is that they are more marketable when you go to sell, especially to investors who will rent the properties. Roomates usually want their own bath. With rates and prices as low as they are today it won't cost much more on the monthly payment. We are bullish on the real estate market today. Our contribution, and good luck
Hey Sara,
I can send you a list of homes in this area. A few things to note: Houses that are Short Sales can be great deals, but at the same time they can also take anywhere from 90 days up to 9 months and then still get denied. It all depends on the amount the seller owes, along with what bank is doing the Short Sale ( forget about houses that are through Bank of America, easy 6 months plus for any of their short sales), plus you have to see who is handling that short sale, and if it is an experienced agent. In this market almost every house is a great deal and the mortgage rates are still at record lows. If you have other questions or want the List of homes for sale in that area, feel free to call or e-mail me at any time.
Jason Lepore
Remax
Selling in NJ & PA
http://www.LeporeTeam.com
Cell 215-688-1446
Web Reference: http://www.LeporeTeam.com
Maria Quattrone
Coldwell Banker Preferred
Direct: (267) 238-4246

She knows CC Philly & Old City very well, very experienced with condos, and knows the short sale process.

Ed Fallon, MBA NMLS#144708
Arlington Capital Mortgage
CELL: 610-308-9001
Office: 215-591-0222