Home Buying in Pensacola>Question Details

Madeline Ebe…, Renter in Florida

I am a first time buyer and do not need a loan. I'd like to invest in an older cottage with history and don't mind fixing up the place. Any?

Asked by Madeline Eberhard, Florida Wed Jan 16, 2013

ideas?

Answers

6
Madeline, Congratulations on starting your journey on owning your first home. It is quite an exciting, nerve-racking and rewarding experience all rolled into one. As Glenn stated, Pensacola is the city of Five Flags and has centuries of history. There are several historical "cottages" currently listed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for sale. However, in order to provide you with relevant information that would be of benefit to you, I will need more information.

Contact me at your convenience (850) 858-3105 and I will provide you with a list of "cottages" may contain the home of your dreams. Regardless of how your proceed, I wish you the best of luck! Cherylyn
Congratulations Madeline you are going to make some Realtor very happy.....Step # 1 in Home buying is knowing your buying power and generally that means getting bank approval. Regardless, of what your financial situation you will always have to provide proof of funds. If you intend to buy a home most offers are accompanied by an approval letter or as already mentioned proof of ability to buy.So there is always going to be a requirement for documentation even if you are gifted the money. My concern for you would be as a first time home buyer making sure you not only could afford the adorable fixer upper but also knowing the extent of the work to be done. The real question should be are you buying your dream cottage or a money pitt! ? Historic and some cottages not so historic abound in Norh Florida. The thing that will be really important is finding the guide who is going to protect your interest and have a vision to see the possibilites of a property.
Madeline, Please give me the opportunity to help you find that "cottage with history" . I have some great ideas. In fact, since Pensacola is the oldest settlement in the United States ("five flags"/ google it) there are some charming possibilities.. Hope to hear from you! Damon Hitt
Ok. please message me a_ hittdamon@gmail.com.
Flag Wed Jan 16, 2013
i'm well aware of the history there. need to find something under 30,000 that needs some TLC
Flag Wed Jan 16, 2013
Is your interest in Pensacola, Northwest Florida, or Florida in general? You can find homes with history in many places in Florida. A little more background on your needs/wants would be helpful.
pensacola is right at the top, and i love the area. esp close proximity to atlanta, birmingham, and new orleans. i can attract vacationers from the north easily to pensacola, and i don't need to drive deep down into florida to find nice weather!
Flag Wed Jan 16, 2013
I have a Historic Cottage Listed in Seville Historic Distric. Call me for Info. 850-565-0159.
my limit is 30,000 - do you have anything in that range?
Flag Wed Jan 16, 2013
Please contact me McMahon because I have super suggestions to send you! Thanks your go to florida expert (561)827-6889. Julier6799@gmail,com
McMahon?
Flag Wed Jan 16, 2013