Vin, Home Buyer in Indian Rocks Beach, FL

I am a citizen and resident of India, Can I buy a house/farm land in Florida,USA?

Asked by Vin, Indian Rocks Beach, FL Wed May 23, 2012

Answers

4
Vin,

You can buy property here but there are some areas regarding your personal situation you should clarify first.

1. What type of a Visa do you have? This will affect the amount of time you can stay in the country and eligibility to work or not. Tomas C. Roberge & Company can be very helpful in this area- also in getting a tax id number if necessary. They have an office in St. Petersburg 727-822-9393 or http://www.robergeco.com

2. How are you purchasing- financing could be a challenge if you are not working here. If it is going to be a cash deal and you are transfering money from India- Moneycorp, Inc may be able to save you quite a bit in the transfer and exchange rate. They are located in Orlando Florida. Ask for Corey Gregory +1 407 352 5890 or Corey.Gregory@moneycorp.com

3. Find a full time professional Realtor to work with. If you are looking in the Clearwater -St. Petersburg area we would be glad to assist you.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
http://www.FromCavesToCastles.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Hi Vin,
I am originally from Mumbai and my husband is from Kerala. We would love to help you buy property. Call or email me at sanjeevgenny@msn.com
Look forward to hearing from you.
Hello Vin,

Absolutely. We regularly work with foreign investors. would you be paying cash? If not, please know that financing for foreign buyers is extremely challenging yet it can be done, and is also much simpler if you're purchasing a single family home as opposed to a condo.

If you'd like referrals to lenders that specialize in working with people like yourself, and/or or would be interested in a copy of our Tampa Bay Relocation guide, please do drop us a line and we'll get you the information!

Kind Regards,

Julia Fishel, CDPE, CIAS
Suncoast Partners @ REMAX Elite Realty
35190 US HWY 19 N., Palm Harbor, FL 34684
727.366.0324
Info@PinellasPeach.com
Yes you can, however that will not get you american citizenship. You will have to use your visa to vacation on the home but cannot live in USA indefinitely. Of course there are exceptions, as if you get sponsored by an employer. I recommend you do some research into how to get a "green card".