Angel, Home Buyer in Michigan

I am a buyer looking at a property priced at $149,995, the average selling price in the area is 55,000.

Asked by Angel, Michigan Sun Jul 19, 2009

There are 24 boarded up homes on the same block, within a 6 block radius. There are also 8-10 homes in foreclosure with a block of the selling property. When I inquired about this property to the agent, and informed her the property was overpriced almost $100,000, she told me to make an offer.......? She then wrote me and told me the seller only wanted pre-approved viewings. I got my pre-approval, and informed the agent. The agent then said I could view anytime, just let her know. I over cannot, and will not pay more than 10% of the market selling price. I have been pre-approved for more than the asking price. By the way, the home has radiator heating, and no central air...........Is it me? Or is this seller living in La La Land?

Louise

Answers

4
Anita,

It's pretty simple....today's sellers are trying to sell their homes for as much money as possible while today's buyers are seeking value and the best deals out there.

Somewhere out there a number exists that can make both the buyer and seller happy. A real estate professional can help you determine what this number is.

Anita,

You posted in 08863 zipcode which is Fords, New Jersey . I am not familiar with your description...Did you post in the wrong zip?
Anita the price of a home that is ready to move into is always higher than one similar a block away that is boarded up. Did you look at any of the properties that sold aroung that 55k price? If you can find something that you like in price range go for it!
Hot water heat is not a killer in fact some buyers look for hot water heat! I have sold 3 properties that had hot hater heat in the last 12 months and only one had central air to go with it. One of my buyers sat on the radiator of one of the homes this winter as she was looking at it and made the comment "It's just like a Saab seat".
Good luck and rather than try to beat up this seller go out and find one of those 55,000 houses.
Web Reference: http://www.Find1Home.com
What is your question? The seller seems reasonable for wanting preapproved viewings. Good luck in your offer.