Home Buying in Lakeland>Question Details

joey.m, Home Buyer in 33809

I am a United Kingdom.can i buy a property and in turn rent it (not holiday rental).is a rental agent required to deal with the monthly finances?

Asked by joey.m, 33809 Mon Jan 7, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3082896943-359-Arbor-Way-Lake…

I have had many clients in other countries buy here and rent it out. I would recommend hiring a property manager to look after it.

Best of luck,
You certainly can buy and rent it out - no rental agent required. However, I would certainly recommend hiring a property manager who specializes in getting a qualified tenant and takes care of the property management aspect such as repair and replace issues and collecting rent.
Hi, I recommend your teaming up with a realtor and attorney or title/closing company who specialize in international real estate closings. See all listing and free information at

because you are Canadian and out of area, it would behove you to have someone down here to help you and make sure that you are getting a tenant that is good. If something should happen with the tenant not working out, the realtor can help you get the tenant removed and get you a new one, which we have done for a couple of our regular customers. Let us know how we can help you.

Bill Szydlowski
The person asking the question mentions the United Kingdom (England), not Canada.
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013
Hello there,

I am a real estate agent, originally from London, working in south Florida. Yes you can buy and rent depending on which community you buy in. I have buyers that manage their own properties and others that have me do it for them.

If you would like to discuss further please email or call me. I would be glad to help.

Pat Varley

954 397 4329