Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Sowmini.arun, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

I am a US Citizen living overseas. I have a good credit score. Can I get a home loan for investment property while living overseas in Houston TX?

Asked by Sowmini.arun, San Diego, CA Mon Apr 8, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes you can live overseas and buy an investment property in the U.S. without a problem. I'll be happy to assist you and I'm another lender who also works with Ramonica who answered below!

Anna Maria Durr NMLS 266699
Codemark Financial
2626 Richmond Ave., Houston, Texas 77098
281-592-0667, anna@codemarkfinancial.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
As an investor, it would work pretty much the same as if you were living here, according to my preferred lender ...

20% to 25% down, including the source of the funds.
Six months' cash reserve for any property you currently own.
Verification of employment and/or income for the past year.
Three months' bank statements.
Two years' tax returns.

This is a very active rental market, and investment properties are being scooped up almost as quickly as they're listed. It will be my pleasure to refer you to an excellent lender, and help you find that investment that would work best for you. Please get in touch ... looking forward to it.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 14, 2013
Hello Arun,

If you need contact names for some lenders, I will be happy to pass them along. A lot depends on what you have going with your finances and what loan amount you will be approved for - worth checking with a good lender.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
absolutely, I have helped several others who are currently serving in Afghanistan, as well as living in
Europe, and Japan.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
Dear Buyer,
if you are thinking of buying in the Houston area. I would be happy to assist you. From the beginning to the end of the transaction. I can also connect you with trusted lenders that I work with that are experts in VA loans. Once you have purchased a home I can also help you rent the property.
Please contact me at your convenince,
Georgina Van Camp
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
Yes, you can get a loan for investment purposes, depending on lender you can get the property for 20-25% down and you need to have 3-6 months of reserves in the bank for the investment property and your personal property, if you have one.

I'm also a property manager so I manage and maintain properties for my investors. The key is using a lender that has a heart of a teacher and can help you through the lending process. Also, because I property manage I have several vendors on hand that I utilize for painting, cleaning, carpet, a/c. etc.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Leslie Guevara
Broker Associate
RE/MAX 360
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
Yes you can if a good lender leads you through this , I have a great one . Call me at (713)4438720.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
A lender will be able to give you the best advice on this. If you would like a referral to an excellent lender let me know. I on the other hand can help you find the investment property to invest in. Call me at 281-798-4100 if you would like to discuss in more detail the type of property you are interested in.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
Yes you can! I have a client right now in the same situation and she was able to get financed without an issue. It would be best to speak with the same lender I referred her to.

You can contact me directly at ramonica.caldwell@century21.com or call me at 832-293-5385
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer