Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

Sanjay, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

I am a Canadian real estate investor looking at Orlando area. Any advice on areas that are best for rental investments?

Asked by Sanjay, Outside U.S. Sun Sep 26, 2010

Answers

57
lcr4748’s answer
I have a rental duplex with tennants. It's a 2 bedroom/1 bath per unit ( 2 units). Property mgmt in place. I live in Kissimmee, FL near the Orlando dulpex. Needing cash purchase/low price. Have all the specs on the property up to date.

Linda
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 24, 2013
Never invest far from your bedroom
you will not have control when you are to faR away. We went tru that and it was the biggest headache ever. STOP THAT THINKING. you are buying pain in your hole body. We had bought in the area's you are looking for. Stop.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 27, 2015
Hmm Asked on Sunday Sept. 26, 2010? I wonder if he's still looking?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
How are you doing?
Are you talking about short term or long term rental investment?
Flag Mon Aug 17, 2015
Sanjay, I agree with Marcus on this one. Way to broad a question. I could write a book for the answer. The reasoned answer will come down to you answering two questions: 1) What are your goals in this investment? 2) How much captial do you have to work with? Answer those and we can begin to answer your's.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 14, 2010
Check out Lake Nona for sure..the location of the new "Medical City" and minutes to the airport, 417, beachline, and 20 minutes to theme parks. Call me for more information..condos/townhouses starting at 70K! (407) 908-2890, Debbie Irons, Orlando Classic Homes
Web Reference: http://www.NonaLiving.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 26, 2010
Condos, townhomes or single family homes?
Cash or do need a loan?
Long or short term rental?
Short or long term exit?

It's way too broad a question for a Realtor to be able to give a good answer too. My advice, find a good Realtor and hook up with them!
Web Reference: http://condometropolis.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 26, 2010
I have a 3/2 in Oviedo, FL 5 min to UCF, 30 min to Cocoa Beach, 40 min to Disney ready to go on the market next weekend. contact me at jasweatland@cfl.rr.com
Dear Interested Investors:

I have a Multifamily Complex in Orlando, Florida.
* This complex has 192 Units - 2 Stories High
* Built in 1974
* Fully Rented
* OFF THE MARKET PROPERTY

if you are interested or would like further information regarding this great opportunity in owing a complex family building this size in Orlando please feel to email: Myrnah@comcast.net or please call 954-205-5555.

Myrna Hernandez
Real Estate Agent/Property Manager
Dear Interested Investors:

* Built in 1974
* Fully Rented
* OFF THE MARKET PROPERTY

Myrna Hernandez
Real Estate Agent/Property Manager
hello there are you still lookin for prop in florida have a cash deal for 25k email me @ hairsflowers@gmail.com for details
Check out this guide to help you make a US property purchase:

http://www.knightsbridgefx.com/guide-for-canadians-making-u-…
If you're looking to save money on your downpayment, consider using http://www.knightsbridgefx.com to convert your currency instead of the bank!
Hi there, I'M jJosy Carfagno I work with a Developer in fl, Cavache Properties and I have the perfect investment property for you, , Brand new style resort townhouses 4 bed 3 1/2 bath attached garage, fabulous lake view less than 10 mins from the gates of Disney, long and short term rent, we are giving some great incentive for the first 10 buyers, please call me or email me at anytime and I will be more than happy to discuss it with you.
Thank you
http://www.waterfordtownhouses.com/

Josy Carfagno
Adache Real Estate and Cavache Properties
Project Sales Manager
Cell: 954 999 7498
jcarfagno@adachere.com
http://www.adache.com
I am an experienced rehab interior designer. I have renovated houses from tearing down most of the interior walls to just cosmetic kitchen and bath renovations. My work has been published in Florida design, Coastal Living, Vero Beach magazine and many more. I specialize in coastal resort style design and know how to get the most bang for the look. I live in Vero Beach Florida and know of several properties in great locations that need mostly cosmetic changes. I am looking for an investor and I will do all the designs and supervise the contractors. I know that these properties can be purchased far under value and will sell for great profits. If you or one of your investors is interested in partnering with me, please let me know. I'm also the founder of a coastal style furnishings company that ships all over the country. I designed the brand, selected all the products and designed all the room shots. You can visit it by going to http://www.ourboathouse.com. I, of course have access to furnishings for home staging too.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Warm Regards,
Lori Auer

Sent from my iPad
Please contact me, will be glad to help you with any other properties in this area.
If you prefer to speak Spanish, ask for Mariana

James Loftis Broker/Owner
954-261-3361
Real Estate911.com
RealEstate911@gmail.com
All Pro cleaning &more. Is a locally owned private business dedicated to providing honest, dependable, and quality cleaning We are now also offering reo cleaning trash outs, painting lawn care small repairs, pressure washing anything to do with turn key to get your property ready for sale or rent we pride ourselves on creating relationships with our clients so that you know we care about your business as much as you do. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations so that our customers always see us at our absolute best.

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day and giving us the opportunity to discuss your needs. We greatly appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing from you.

thank you,
Tina Littler
ALL PRO CLEANING &MORE
TLITTLER75@GMAIL.COM
904.716.2996
Flag Thu Jan 7, 2016
Andrea, you may wish to review DBPR regulations. Calling yourself a Home Buyer, when you seem to be a licensee could well be a violation. Take care.
Email us Iwan.realtor@gmail.com, for exciting growing investment opportunities close to Disneyhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Iwan-Griffiths-at-Exit-Realty-Champions/272773529599069?sk=timeline
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2014
Email us Iwan.realtor@gmail.com, for exiting growing investment opportunities close to Disney
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2014
@ivarts
It is very difficult to compete with investors without a good plan and a better strategy.

The reality is, folks PREFER to sell their home to resident users. Some even set aside a period of time where only resident users can make an offer! So, what is happening that results in those seeking a home for their family are being left behind?

From my observation, these buyers REFUSE to use the resources offered to them.
They refuse to position themselves to make competitive offers.
They believe they have all week to make a decision.
They are indecisive about what they really want.
They are uninformed regarding the existing market.

If none of these describe you, here is exactly what you should do:
Call the agents offering help to the Canadian, if you are serious.
They suggest they have the inventory and access. Put them to the test.

If you are not serious, use those contact links. If you are serious..CALL!
Please stay out of the Orlando market. I am trying to purchase a modest single family home for my 3 year old daughter and I and cannot find a reasonably priced home in a decent neighborhood in Orlando due to the unprecedented influx of investors. Buy a property in Canada, administer it yourself and you will have a better ROI in the long run. There are the beginnings of a grassroots resentment here against investors due to the absolute dearth of properties available for sale.
Rental real estate is a great investment anywhere.
Best wishes and continued success!
Hello from Sunny Florida,

I am sure I can help you.

Are you still looking for a property in Florida? Send me an email with your criteria and I will email you back a list of properties to view. btscarpa@aol.com

I specialize in income producing properties in the Disney Kissimmee, Orlando and Davenport areas of central Florida. Short term rental properties sales, vacation homes, second homes and residential. I have been an investor for over 17 years in these areas and I have helped many others invest in Florida properties. I have helped both domestic and international buyers and sellers. I am sure I can help you find a property that best fits your needs and budget. This includes vacation/income property that you can also use at any time. These are not timeshare properties. You can call me at any time and we can talk in depth about the best way for you to purchase a property. We will talk about what is needed for you to start the process, locating managers to take care of your property and what they charge. We will also discuss how bookings/guests are placed in the property and the fees involved. Another important topic is what kind of income you will receive in all the different communities in the area. Every community close to Disney has a little different income ability. This is where I come in. You do not want to be to far from Disney when purchasing a vacation property. Please contact me and I will answer all your questions over the phone. It's best to answer all your questions before we start looking at properties. You can call me at 407-572-3022 or email me at btscarpa@aol.com

Below are some of my recommendations from past clients.

My Website.
http://www.centralfloridarealty.info/

Thank you
Bernard Scarpa
American Ideal Homes, LLC servicing all of your Florida Real Estate Needs.
Specializing in Income producing properties
Disney Florida Vacation Property Investment Specialist
Resort and Second Home Property Specialist
Listing and Selling Specialist
Primary Residence Specialist
Relocation Specialist
Short Term Rental Home Specialist
Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource
Certified SHORT SALE Expert
Office Hours are 7 days a week
9:00 Am to 9:00 PM EST
Cell # 407-572-3022
Fax # 407-957-5843

btscarpa@aol.com
Web site: http://www.centralfloridarealty.info
Sanjay,

I have access to wholesale properties in the area which would make excellent long term rental homes (here are some of them - contact for the latest list though: http://www.flhomedeal.com/orlando-investment-properties)

Other part of the business I do is working with vacation rental investors. It can be a great business, but you definitely need to know where to buy since this market has shifted. Used to be that almost any vacation rental property would rent, but nowadays many other factors come to play. I.e. here is an ROI of a high end vacation rental property: http://www.flhomedeal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Reunion…

In any given time I have ~20-30 wholesale (long term) off the market properties in Orlando area and of course I can send you a list of all vacation rental properties that I would personally recommend.

Margus Mahar, Realtor®
Specializing in Luxury and Investment Properties
- Certified 203K Renovation Specialist
- Advanced Construction Expert (ACE)
- Dream Team Professional TM
http://www.FLhomedeal.com
J.C. Penny Realty, LLC.
8701 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Suite 200
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Phone: 321-388-6856
Email: margus@jcpennyrealty.com
Sanjay,
My name is Marc Duchon, I'm a builder/developer I. The Chicago land area as well as Pensacola Fl. Area. My company is Triad Construction Group a subsidiary of Triad Building and Development. You can research my company on LinkedIn as well as Google. I have been in business for 27 years and am licensed in 5 states (Illinois, Connecticut, Florida, New York and California) I recently sent out a mass mailing on LinkedIn concerning several possible projects I am looking at and am interested in equity partners. If you are sincerely interested in doing some investments in real estate here in the states, I'd be happy to discuss several of the projects I am looking into, there are many great opportunities available some with minimal capital and others involving substantial investments depending on your comfort level and cash availability, please let me know if you would like to discuss these opportunities further.
You can reach me at;
Marc@triadbuilding.com
Or
312-285-3673
Marc Duchon
Hello home owners and investors.If any of you needs a renovation company give us a call Sunstate Renovations at 407-844-5428 ask for Omar or write us at omidrums#yahoo.com.We will give a free estimate.We are licensed and insure
Hello! Check our web Magicvillage.com
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Veronika Maslova
Cell:(407)4465907
Email: veronika@magicvillage.com
Mark,
If you are looking for college student renters, you would want to look on the East side of town where both UCF students and Full Sail students reside. If you would prefer vacationers then you would want to look in Metro West and Kissimmee area that is closer to all the parks. If you would rather small family or young professional renters then you might want to at either downtown, College Park, Audubon Park or Winter Park. The of course there are many suburbs like Altamonte Springs and Oviedo that would be family type rentals. If you have questions, please fee free to contact me directly, my website is http://www.orlandointownspecialist.com and I am with RE/MAX.
Near The University of Central Florida, now the 4th largest University in the USA. If you are looking for short term vacation rentals, look near the Disney Resorts, Champions gate area, or along the east Coast Beaches. Daytona is a good buy right now.
This question is over 3 years old and the asker has never acknowledged one answer. Trulia, do you think this is really still a valid question? I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he perhaps at least contacted some of the commenters direct. But I've been seeing so many aged Q/A questions lately I was just wondering if there was a shelf life to some of these very dated questions?
Actually keeping them going is a good way to make sure they keep showing up in google and bing searches. I am amazed to get potential customers asking me about something I wrote 2 or 3 years ago.
Flag Tue Oct 22, 2013
I have an investor that I purchased over 60 homes for 2 years ago that all except one has been rental renovated and most are currently leased (except for about 4 which we are screening applicants for leases at this time). He is changing his portfolio and wants to go to strictly apartment complexes. Therefore he is looking at selling his entire rental portfolio all of which are single family detached unit in the Central Florida market. There is one quadplex but the rest are single family detached units. He is seeking $60,000 per unit based on their location. None of the properties are in an HOA community. If you have a STRONG cash interest please email me at dallison@thetitangroup.com. These properties are wholly owned by the owner and leases would transfer to the buyer. He is seeking cash only offers with ability to close quickly.
proper Orlando only ? if interested I have investment in Sorrento Florida I also have a 6bm 5bth 5 years old in Eustis if not I still can assist you

Orlando is a prime spot to invest in rental properties! There are many options for you from condo-hotels, to single family homes. I would be happy to show you the possibilities and help answer any questions. Feel free to call/email me for more information.

Tanya Osman
407-492-2476
Tanya.Osman@gmail.com
http://www.TanyaOsman.com
Sanjay,

I have a Single family home in West Melbourne Fl. for sale. It was recently appraised for $249,000, I am selling it for $206,900.00 contact me at
marcia@homeowrthysolutions.com and I will send you the property information
It depends, the college areas would be a good area for a real estate investment because of the population of the students and faculty. However Kissimmee is also a perfect area due to all the tourist attraction. Hope this helps.
Cece

http://ceciliathomas-dorn.premiumorlandoproperties.com/
What price range would you be looking to buy? How many bedrooms/baths, sq. ft. etc? Needed info to assist you
Sanjay,
Of the dozens of properties i have sold to Canadians, about 1/2 were within 30 minutes of Disney. Hunters Creek is very popular, and so is Windermere. Some other favorites are MeadowWoods, Southchase, Avalon, and Waterford and UCF areas. The Lake Nona / Medical City area is quickly becoming a favorite due the the 10,000+ jobs it is going to produce. But prices in Lake Nona make it difficult to get as good a rental return. Most buying in that area are buying more for appreciation.
Let me know if I can help you.
See Canadian Buyer page on my website below................
I work with many investors that have long term goals with their rental investments ( 5-10 years). They love the Conway area of Orlando. For many reasons... Conway is conveniently located to the Orlando International Airport, Major expressways, 10 minutes to downtown, and 20-30 minutes to the attractions.
Come on down to San Diego. The weather is much better year around. No quarter sized misquitos or 1 billion lightning bolts to deal with so you won't have to get off the golf course or under a bridge whence fishing. Just great SoCal surf, lots of sunshine and the best year around weather on the Planet.
and properties are 4x more expensive with awful price to rent ratios. next.
Flag Mon Sep 15, 2014
Hi Sanjay,
I specialize in working with Canadian Investors. I have a "Power Team" of specialists dedicated to working with Canadian investors including an attorney, accountant, property managers, currency exchange specialists, lenders, and more. I have many happy Canadian clients who have bought multiple properties. Please check the Canadian Buyer page on my website for more details.

http://www.orlandorealtyonline.com/

DON SHIPPEY, CDPE, SFR
BROKER Associate / REALTOR
RE/MAX Properties SW
Cell 407-925-2318
E-mail: donrshippey@aol.com
I can help you find what you are looking for. I am a licensed Real Estate agent in Orlando, Florida. Ive lived here for over 23 years and know the best areas to buy that are appealing for rental properties. I would be more than happy to talk with you in more detail. My email is samanthahafner@yahoo.com. Feel free to contact me anytime!
8 Property Rental Package for Sale.
This is an investor’s dream!
*All Single Family Homes are move-in-ready
*100% Occupancy
*Great ROI
*All located in Deltona, FL
*Buy the LLC and own a money making business
If you are interested in this incredible opportunity please contact,
jsantacruz@cfl.rr.com
Sanjay

If you are still looking I have an amazing REO property in downtown Orlando 5 unit multifamily property for sale within 1 block of Lake Eola. I can give you all the details if you want to message me. heather@heathertherealtor.com
You might also want to look at the San Diego market. Right now it's the hottest investment market in the USA and we've got a pulse on the best deals in the area. Entry level or High end.
Buy medical related real estate, with the heath care reform in full swing there will be a onslot of demand for medical space in the near future, its all about security now days!
Hi:
I have many properties available for sale that are great properties for out of state investors. I work with several investors to find properties for them. They look for rehabs, rentals, 10 or more properties etc....
I'm not a real estate agent but know the area well and know investment properties well. It will not cost you as much working with me as it world with an agent.
Contact me back and we can discuss.
Investors, take your pick of homes
Southwest Florida is flooded with foreclosure (REO) and short sale homes that are ripe for the picking for investors. Investors are seeing this as an opportune time to purchase homes below market value. It is definitely a buyer's market. Many homeowners have lost their homes, but still need a place to live. They are being forced to rent.

Investors can pick up a home, condo, mobile home, or townhouse at a low price. Some of these properties need little fixing up other than cosmetic work. They can immediately turn around and rent them. Rental companies such as Rent Me Florida don't always have enough homes to rent. See their web site at http://www.rentmeflorida.com. Tenants are just waiting in the background for something to open up.

Investors can rent properties as annual, short term, long term, and vacation. Investors can choose to manage the property themselves or hire a property management company to do some or all of the work. This may include items such as marketing the property, handling calls from tenants, collecting rent, and maintaining the property.

If you are going to rent a property be sure to know Florida's Landlord/Tenant Law. You can find information on this at http://www.800helpfla.com/landlord_text.html Don't miss your chance to buy these investments before the snow birds come back in town. If you would like information on properties currently available, contact me today.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL - tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Investors, take your pick of homes

If you are going to rent a property be sure to know Florida's Landlord/Tenant Law. You can find information on this at http://www.800helpfla.com/landlord_text.html. Don't miss your chance to buy these investments before the snow birds come back in town. If you would like information on properties currently available, contact me today.

Sanjay,

I guess the best question is what price range are you looking in?

The attractions area are alw
ways good investment as worker need places to live.Also there are buildings thhat allow weekly rentals and you could have another avenue for income.

My e-mail is henn_russell@yahoo.com

Russell Henn
Keller Williams Realty at the Lakes
Kissimmee, FL 34744
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
Sanjay,

I've actually been working with investors in Canada, Toronto to be exact. They have fallen in love with Downtown Orlando. I think that it is a growing and sustainable rental hotspot. I'd love to discuss the possibilities.
Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Carol Bauza
Keller Williams Advantage II Realty
407-222-3262
carol@carolshome.com
Sanjay,
Impressed with your logic and strategic Orlando location for investing. I am curious how you came to that conclusion? What is your criteria ? What is your budget ? Are you working for a corporation doing your due diligence on their behalf?

Orlando is indeed a the hub centre for a savvy investor.
There is plenty of action and opportunity for aggressive and not the faint at heart.
If you are familiar with the fast food industry a great parallel would be the term everything is Super Sized.
With the fast moving tourist crowd hotels need to offer large number of rooms at competitive prices. In other words running a small operation here would be useless. They could not compete. In recent years Canadians had discovered the value of run down large hotels and converting them to rental properties. Rentals in general are doing reasonably well even in this tough economy.
If you are a small investor this place is not for you. Seek to invest into college towns where you have more of a stable market. There is good opportunities to buy small commercial properties that appeal to the service industry and is more practical for a single user. Also small apartments are getting decent returns. It is conceivable to understand that the cost of units decrease with the greater volume of units. It explains why Orlando offers great prices everything is in volume. Size does make the difference but large is not always better. Defining the purpose for your investment opens the conversation from which I could speculate to offer more conclusive advice. I do specialize in Buyer's Agency. Familiar in assemblage, franchise locator, conversions, finding small or large income properties that show a practical and conservative positive return.

Gabriel
Good Morning Sanjay,
My recommendation would be Downtown Orlando, rentals are great but keep an eye on the HOA fee's. Rule of thumb the taller the building the higher the HOA's. (Try a Mid-rise) My next suggestions would be near Valencia Community College in zip code 32835. The HOA fee's are very reasonable and with the amount of distressed inventory the prices are very competitive.
Recap: keep an eye on HOA fee's monthly and quarterly, look for a secured community and make sure there is plenty of shopping near by.
Hope this has helped, good luck and happy Renting!
Wendy Golding
Broker/Owner
Asset One Realty, Inc.
Web Reference: http://www.scottnwendy.com
1 2