mrwoods_000, Home Buyer in 28540

I also have a question...If I'm planning on buying between Jan-March of Next year (2013) How soon should I start looking for a home??

Asked by mrwoods_000, 28540 Sat Sep 29, 2012

Answers

9
Get yourself pre-approved now.

This way, you will have plenty of time to shop confidently and can strike (Close your loan) quickly, should you find the right home early in your search process. You could begin searching now by getting familiar with neighborhoods by attending open houses where you will meet some Realtors. Interview a few until you meet one you'd like to have help you find that home.

Ask friends and enemies for referrals! (:-)

All kidding aside, consult a few lenders to become familiar with programs. FHA, USDA, and VA have great programs for most first time home buyers!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
The first step when purchasing is getting a letter from a mortgage company to see how much of a loan you qualify for. This letter and the interest rate (which are very low now) is only good for 90 days. Emily had a good point about buying a new home or you can go the other why and buy a bank foreclosure. I am certified in bank foreclosures and have some I can email you. Another good reason to buy now is interest rates are below 4% and may go up by next year. Did you know a seller can pay for you to break your current lease (if that is why you're waiting)? I can set you up an automatic email so when homes come on the market they are emailed to you the first day. Regards, Denise Phillips Century 21 American Prop. 860 917 0778 cell
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
So is it goog to purchase a short sale??
Flag Sun Sep 30, 2012
Hello Mrwoods

Thanks for your question.

Prudent to get in touch with the many fine agents responding to your questions.

Start with a list of want and needs. How big, 1 story or 2 story, lot size
# of beds / baths / square footage, neighborhood, schools if required,
proximity to work, down town, doctors / hospitals, walk score, proximity
to a park or public transportation.

Talk to a lender to find out what you qualify for, by filling out an application.

Here are some good sites and lenders:

https://www.provident.com

http://www.mortgagemarvel.com/

http://ruthandperry.com/mortgage-loans-refinance

Also check out sites such as Trulia and others, and you should be in good shape.

Perry

http://ruthandperry.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
I would consider beginning to look and familiarize yourself with the area pretty soon, that way you have a better idea of what you truly want/need. Starting now would give you the opportunity to build in a new community should you decide to go that route, which definitely has its benefits. It also wouldn't hurt to go ahead and speak to a loan officer about a mortgage to make sure everything is in order. Should you need to fix anything on your credit, you still have time.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I am a real estate agent who has lived in this area my entire life, so I am familiar with both established and new communities as well as school districts, etc.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
Thank you. Would you know like a ruff estimate how much I qualify for?? I make 12.19 an hour.
Flag Sat Sep 29, 2012
It's never too soon to start looking. The more you look, the more familiar you become with the areas, prices, etc. and are better able to make an informed decision when the time comes.
That depends on you and your wants/needs in a home? If you are looking for a foreclosure or short sale...than you better hurry; as those can take several months. If you are looking to build a home from the ground up, than its about a 4 month process depending on permits needed. But if you just want to find a home already built or new and existing than I would say about 45-60 days prior to the date you want to occupy the home. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns you might have!
You really can't start your search to soon. There are many homes on the market to choose from and there are some really good deals if you have time. Between some of the Short Sales that are on the market or even New Construction. You should find a local Mortgage Broker to work with, we have several very good ones in the Jacksonville NC area and getting pre-qualified now will ensure that there are no issues that could hinder your ability to purchase a home. The next step would be to find a REALTOR that you are comfortable with, one that will be responsive, and easy to talk to. Feel free to give me a call if you are looking for a REALTOR to represent you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
I would start looking soon, because if you look and don't see anything that you like, then you may consider building a home. That usually takes a few months and in the end, the cost is typically the same as purchasing an existing home, except you get to watch it happen and choose all of your colors :) if you need any help then I'd be happy to find you what you want.

Emily Tesh
Broker Associate
Century 21 Champion Real Estate
Jacksonville, NC
910.581.8987 cell
Awarded an overall of 100% Quality Service from past clients
Mr. Woods,
I would interview with a several agents to find one you are comfortable with. You will be spending a good bit of time and maybe a lot of money on this purchase. Your agent should get you up to speed on the market and help you find the best value, best fit for you and your family. You will learn all your options for making your decisions as to what ever your requirements are now and in the future. Your agent will work hard in your behalf to make your buying experience a pleasant and memorable one.
I believe the relationship between agent and buyer is based on trust and understanding the goal of the transaction. I hope you have a great experience in your home search, and I would hope to be a part of it. Give me a call for ain interview.
Eric Bomhard
Century 21
American Porperties South
910-322-0195 cell