Home Buying in Clarksburg>Question Details

Neha, Home Buyer in Clarksburg, MD

I already visited the Builder twice and also tried to negotiate the price. Will there be any problems in getting a Buyers agent now ? Please advice?

Asked by Neha, Clarksburg, MD Mon Sep 9, 2013

2. If they don't allow the Buyers agent now, what can I do to make sure I am looking for all the things in the contract and rest of the process? Are there any specific things that I should look out for?

3. Whose would appreciate more in this area(Clarksburg Village)? Single Family or Town Home?

Answers

8
Builders do require the Realtors to register new home buyers agent at the first visit to the builders model home. Depending on the builder you still can have an agent represent you. Many builders prefer to have an agent representing the buyer as an experienced negotiator between all parties.

Also there is "NO" standard language in new home contracts in Maryland, please be represented by a Real Estate professional if you can.

In Clarksburg, the single family homes will have the most future demand from the $500k to $650 range. The Clarksburg area is over built in townhomes leaving fewer choices and availability when the townhome owners eventually move up to a larger home.

I service the Clarksburg area.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
301-906-0504
gregorymyers@mris.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
Neha:

As a resident of Clarksburg Village. I can help you. Please contactme at 240-888-7531.

Raj Sachdeva
Congressional Relocation Realty
Hi Neha,

I recently left working as the Director of Sales for a national homebuilder where I led my team to over $120,000,000 sales in 2012. Thus, I know the ins and outs of working with builders and am truly an expert.

The answer to your first question has been handled very well by the agents below. Most builders welcome brokers and agents but require that the agent accompany the customer on the 1st visit. Give me a call and I will be glad to discuss this further with you.

With regards to your second question, it really is a function of supply and demand. Conventional wisdom holds that a detached home will appreciate faster than an attached home. However, I find that conventional wisdom isn't always so wise and could show you numerous examples in communities similar to Clarksburg where the appreciation was similar.

I would recommend that you focus on the home that best suits you, is within your budget, but most of all has the features and spaces to make your every day living spectacular.

Feel free to call me any time. Helping buyers is what I do.
Neha,

Typically, you must inform the build during the first visit that you are being represented by an agent. However, it never hurts to ask. All they can do is say no.

Even if they say no, you can always have representation. However, it will be your responsibility to provide compensation to the agent you select. That happened to a guy I know and he just paid me a negotiated amount for the time I spent working with him.

I hope this helps.

http://www.BridgetteChase.com
Hi Neha,

Typically you have to tell them or have your agent with you on the first visit. You can hire your own representation but I am not sure if the builder will honor especially if you have signed a purchase agreement.

good luck
They may resist it, but you should make the request. A buyer in MD has the right to their own representation. Single and townhomes will appreciate pretty equally as SF are more desirable but TH are more affordable ,with larger buying audience.
Dear New Home Buyer,

What you need to do is tell the builder that you will only make a purchase if they honor an agent to represent you. Explain that you did not realize the value of an agent until after you started the process. They will honor an agent if they want your business. Which builder are you talking to? I know most Sales Agents with builders.

I have specialized in New Homes for the past 13 years. I also served as a Sales Manager on the builder side so I can bring perspective from both sides to your deal.

Let me know if you'd like to chat.

Cathy Chapman, Broker
Certified New Home Specialist
http://www.SignatureHomeSales.com
301-514-6839
no, my last name is not Shah. I am talking to the builder with most options for single family homes in the clarksburg village area.
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
If you visited the builder twice, you most likely have already signed paperwork stating that you registered with them. In order to bring a buyers agent, typically buyers agents MUST accompany their client to the site on the first visit. Otherwise, you are open to only with the buyer or else they can void your contract.
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
I didn't sign any paper work, but tried to negotiate price.
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013