Home Buying in Rosamond>Question Details

Linda, Home Buyer in Lancaster, CA

I WILL NEVER USE TRULIA SITE AGAIN, THEY ARE A FRAUD, EVERY HOUSE I FIND THAT I LIKE I SEND TO MY AGENT, ONLY TO FIND OUT IT IS NOT FOR SALE. LIARS!!!

Asked by Linda, Lancaster, CA Mon Sep 9, 2013

Answers

9
Not a fraud, but definitely not the best source for accurate listing information or property values.

Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
Hi Linda,

Trulia is a popular destination site; however, Trulia IS NOT a true MLS; they are a MLS Data Syndicator. If you want true status/property accuracy (in 15 minute intervals) see:

MLS Data Accuracy – Where to search if you’re “without Realtor®”
http://tinyurl.com/ctr4d44

You can most certainly rely on Realtor.com, but personally it's hard to beat the convenience of a Realtor®-created automated MLS search agent delivering candidate properties to your inbox as they become available.

I really do not understand why your Realtor® has not done so already.

-Steve
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
Hello Linda,

I want to preface these comments with I'm a REALTOR not an employee nor a paid advertiser on Trulia. My clients call me repeatedly and ask me about a house they found on Trulia and MANY other sites.

Trulia is a clearing house for real estate activity - not just listings for properties for sale. Whenever a property goes into foreclosure, or other real estate activity is done on a property it triggers a new feed to the "real estate sites".

Now I've found that there are times that a homeowner has placed their home in a site where they are selling it themselves - For sale By Owner and that feed is picked up by Trulia (this is an infrequent occurrence).

Trulia has a purpose - and not to defend or offend Trulia - but when you are looking to purchase a home, it is important to follow your agent's advice and use an agent who belongs to the appropriate MLS (or MLS's) where THEIR website or their company site allows you to see actual Active available listings for sale, instead of using these other "real estate sites" to find Active listings.

I hope that this information is of value - and I feel your frustration, I wrote offer #22 for a client today, I know how it feels. Be patient, listen to your agent, make sure you seek out effective guidance, and I wish you all the best in your home search.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
Your agent may only have access to one Multiple listing service, and the property may be listed on another. Ask your agent if the properties that you are giving him are listed on an MLS that he does not have access to. He still should be able to show you the home, and submit your offer.
Linda
More than likely your agent is the problem. As far as my neighborhood in Rosamond goes: Trulia is fairly accurate. I bought in Rosamond a little over a year ago and in the process got fed up with the agents run-around. Put an offer in on a house and the house sold for less than my offer? No one can explain that to me. I put another offer in on a different property and it was accepted. Then the seller just changed their mind and backed out a week later. All their paper work is useless and toothless. My credit was good and I had down payment$$$, I would have thought I was a realtors dream. I quickly learned not to expect any more professionalism from a realtor than you would from a used car salesman. Keller Williams is the worst as far as I know. Avoid them like the plague. I ended up buying a new house just to get rid of the hassle of dealing with realtors.
Please do not let your bad experience cause you to assume nobody in the field or area exercises professionalism. A lot of us still put the individual first.
Flag Thu Nov 14, 2013
Trulia is a great site and very easy to navigate, but the information is only as good as the listing agents who provide it. Sometimes agents are not as fast to update the status of the listings as they are to make it available online. I understand your frustration I have buyers cal from Trulia and Craigslist Ads only to find that the information is not current and accurate. Most Brokers will give qualified buyers real time MLS listings which allow you to see the active listings as soon as they hit the MLS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
You sound just a tad frustrated. as others have so aptly stated Trulia in not an MLS service. It's a clearing house of information primarily driven by professional RE folks. Your agent should be helping you find a home. I know that folks like to do some looking on their own and that's OK. But don't always rely on these sites for up to the minute info. Good luck.
Linda,

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Your Realtor can and should be able to help fill in any gaps. Best of luck with your search.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
This is a problem with all portals such as Trulia and Zillow Your best bet is to have a Realtor send you homes directly from the MLS or their website.