Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

annwright, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I Rent in WA but want to buy home in GA hv 700cs & 20% dn able to relocate job but want to move in 6mon after close. dt want to pay more than 150k

Asked by annwright, Atlanta, GA Wed Dec 25, 2013

Were you able to find someone who listened to you and help you? I have a solution if not.
tshoemaker@psatlanta.com 678-485-2922
Since what you state is minimal, it all depends on your goal for your move to Atlanta. If you simply intend to move here to work for 6 months and move back, you are making a risky bet by putting $30k down and hoping to get it plus your expenses back in just 6 months (assuming you want to sell after 6 months). If this is your goal, you would be better off renting as there is less risk involved with the $30k. If you intend to buy and hold or rent the home after 6 months, make sure you buy in an area with solid rental history and if the home is in an HOA, make sure they allow rentals, many do not. Also, while you are here, interview a few property management companies, fees and service vary by company. I moved here 12 years ago and intended to stay 1-2 years and move back to Texas. I fell in love with NW Georgia and never plan to live anywhere else. Good luck and hope you make the best decision for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013
It sounds like you would need to purchase the home as an Investment Property. For a Primary Residence mortgage, all mortgage loans will require that you occupy the home on a full time basis no later than 30-60 days after your closing. Also, for a Priamry Residence mortgage, you will have to have job prior to closing that is located within a reasonable commuting distance of the home.

If you are looking to purchase a property, working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your mortgage options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com to get started.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013

There are thousands of homes for sale in the Atlanta area for less than $150k. Do you know which area of Atlanta interests you? The Greater Atlanta Area is over 1,000 square miles.

I grew up in Seattle & graduated from Rainier Beach High school. I have lived in Atlanta for over 30 years & I have been recognized as one of the top 250 Real Estate Agents in the USA.

Please call or e-mail me & I can send you some information to review.

Dan Jones

Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Hi Ms.Wright,

Please give me a call at your convenience to discuss this further. We'll have to have you speak with a lender to get some details, but I think we can make this happen.

Ava Anderson
Solid Source Realty Inc
Associate Broker
770 369-5121
Give me a call tomorrow at 678-441-5587

Fredricka Blake, Realtor
BHGRE Metrobrokers