Home Buying in Whittier>Question Details

PORCSHAFOSTER, Home Buyer in Deptford Township, NJ

I MAKE 1500 A MONTH IS THAT ENOUGH TO BUY A LITTLE SINGLE FAMILY HOME IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY?

Asked by PORCSHAFOSTER, Deptford Township, NJ Mon Jan 7, 2013

Answers

1
Julie A. Barnett’s answer
If you would like a general answer, I would go to a website like the one I am attaching here. It has a calculator that will give you a general idea of how much home you can afford according to the data you input into the calculator.

After you get that information, go see a lender (credit union, mortgage company or bank) and tell them you want to get "pre-qualified." Make sure you say "pre-qualified" and not "pre-approved," because a pre-approval is not really a verification of funds, but a pre-qualification is.

When you are able to get a 'pre-qualification' letter from the lender, you are then ready to start looking for homes you might want to buy. Check out online homesearch websites like Prudential, Coldwell Banker, Carpenter, Trulia.com, etc. Once you locate a home that is in your price range that you are interested in, just click on the notification to the realtor and they should get in touch with you in about a day. The realtor will help you find a home in your price range and area that you would like to live.

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/houseafford/houseafford.html