Home Buying in Valley Stream>Question Details

Shoumick, Home Buyer in Valley Stream, NY

I GOING TO CLOSING NEXT WEEK. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE ME.ANY TIPS ON WHAT TO ASK, EXPECT? THANK YOU.

Asked by Shoumick, Valley Stream, NY Sun Jan 9, 2011

Answers

8
Shoumick
You have been given good advice by the professionals on this site for quite some time now. If you have not used any of that advice by now you have wasted your time and the FREE expertise of others. At this point in time your attorney should have asked you if you want an appointment to go over any concerns you may have including how much and the type of funds to bring to closing. As well as advising you to set up the final walk through. If for some unknown reason you are not using a real estate attorney to represent you at the closing the only advice I have for you now is GOOD LUCK! If you do have an attorney call him/her for the advice you need.
Allen
Since none of us are directly involved in the transaction, consider asking your agent and attorney the question, as they are the ones looking out for your best interest.....
Review a copy of your good faith estimate to get an idea of what you'll need to bring to closing. Review your loan docs (if you're financing this purchase) to ensure that you're getting the rate/terms that you expect to get. Check with the title company to ensure that there aren't any issues with the title work.

Make sure that you know exactly when you'll receive your keys, before you sign anything. You don't want to find out at closing--after you've signed everything--that you'll receive your keys 1 week (or so) later. Although that doesn't happen often, it happens frequently enough--hence the warning.
Hi Shoumick,

For the last week before you close:

Your agent should have given you information for having the utilities switched. Both buyer and seller contact the utility companies and tell them the closing date.

I also do my final walk through with my buyers an hour before going to closing. We are checking the condition of the property to make sure it is as we initially viewed it.

You will need your drivers license (make sure it is up to date) and any other items needed to close in your state.

You may want to prepare a list of questions for the sellers. Ask what day and time garbage pick up is. The garage door code if there is a keypad. Any little things you may have a question on how any items attached to the home work, i.e. water softner, thermostat, any appliances.

Congratulations and Good Luck!
Your questions should have been answered by now and if they were not I am sure they will be at closing. Just relax, your decision has been made, be ready for a lot of signing and most of all enjoy new home!!!

Gloria Molloy
Licensed Associate Broker
Links Real Esate Group
75 N Long Beach Rd
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
Office 516-766-7900
Fax 516-766-2900
Cell-516-395-9160
gmolloy@linksrealestategroup.com
Hi Shoumick

There is nothing you can ask for now.
Expect a lot of signing.

Perry
Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
I am guessing you are the buyer. There are not to many things you need to ask at a closing, you pretty much sign where they point. Just know, if you don't sign you don't close so it is pretty late to be changing anything. If you feel you have a question or don't understand what they ask you to sign, ask. I have been to some closing that took 15 minutes and some that went 2+ hours. Take as much time as you need and ask what you feel you need to ask.
The deal is done all you are signing the paperwork for lender and transfer of title.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com