My option is to Rent but everywhere I apply my application get's denied. My husband & have okay credit but were victims of stolen identity. I have an attorney and police reports but even with that information haven't found a place most places don't take co-signers. email@example.com looking for a place in orange, tustin area
Here's my suggestion:
1. Get a credit report with FICO scores. Explain every negative item on your credit report.
2. Get two months of bank statements so that the landlord can see your spending habits and when your rent checks cash and when your work income gets deposited and for how much.
3. Get a paycheck stub showing pay period and year to date,
4. Pay two months security deposit
5. Find a guarantor who will use their credit and financial outlook to qualify for your rental application.
6. create a financial worksheet showing how much you spend on clothes, entertainment, utilities, car payments, etc. a month.
Also CASH is king. If you have the cash to pay a large deposit or 6 month to 1 year in advance they might look past the bad credit. Not as likely but its a possibility.