Home Buying in Big Bear Lake>Question Details

carolinemumm…, Renter in Big Bear City, CA

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A HOUSE ON THE LAKE WHAT IS BEST SIDE TO LIVE ON?

Asked by carolinemummie4, Big Bear City, CA Tue May 22, 2012

WE ARE LOOKING 5 BDRM ON THE LAKE

Answers

5
That will depend your purpose for the home.
If this is for you only and not for rental income, then come up and I can show you what we have available "everywhere" on the water.
If you want to rent it out then south shore is your choice.
We currently have 21 homes catagorized as lake front homes in our local MLS.
There are pros and cons to the different areas and they are all tied up with your preferences.
With over 20 years od experience in Big Bear Lake servicing buyer and sellers, I will be happy to answer any of your questions in depth.
(909) 866-6161 Ask for Tina Schmitt
Hello Caroline, have you found that home yet? There are still some choices and at only half percent down payment with a minimum 580 fico score to qualify. I can email them to you?

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker – Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
Hi there. There is no generally accepted 'best side' of the lake, though it is true both sides have different personalities. Since you are looking for a 5 bedroom and there are only approx half dozen presently for sale, --I would like to show them to you in person. You will quickly decide for yourself what works best for you.
Each lakefront home has a different depth of water under its dock and a different view from its deck. The end of summer is a good time to view lakefront properties as the lakewater is lower now than it is in the spring. Call me and I'll set up a tour. -Jeanine Hart 909 659-6553
The south shore of Big Bear Lake offers more shopping and restaurants, while the north shore offers less traffic and ski slope views. Water depth is also a consideration. Every lake front home and location is unique. We have 24 homes listing that are on the lake currently.
That's an excellent question, Caroline.
It really depends on personal preference. I have some clients that would prefer to be on the west side of town because the water is deeper...I have other clients that like the east end of town because you are more centrally located to the Village, Ski Slopes, and grocery stores.
I have a blog that I've been writing for several years dedicated specifically to the lakefront market in Big Bear. http://www.bigbearlakefrontinfo.com. I also know of a 5 bedroom, 5000 square foot home that's coming on the market soon.
Let me know if i can answer any questions or be of any help.
Mike Wochner
Coldwell Banker, Big Bear
http://www.bigbearlakefrontinfo.com
(o)909-866-3481
(c)909-633-2558