Home Buying in Lake Nona>Question Details

Investor Cal…, Home Buyer in California

IS VILLAGE WALK THE BEST DEVELOPMENT IN LAKE NONA? IS IT BETTER TO BUY A NEW HOME OR A RESALE THAT IS A FEW YEARS OLD. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A 5BR, 4 BA,

Asked by Investor California, California Mon Apr 29, 2013

PRICE WISE WOULD WE GET A BETTER DEAL ON A NEW HOME OR RESALE? ARE THE WATER VIEWS HARD TO FIND? APPROX WHAT WOULD YOU PAY FOR A 5BR, 4 BA , 3 CAR, 3000 SQ FT HOME WITH A LAKE VIEW? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME A LINK TO THE HOMES AVAILABLE IN VILLAGE WALK BOTH RESALE AND NEW?
DOES THIS AREA NEAR MEDICAL CITY HAVE APPRECIATION POTENTIAL?
LOOKING AT THIS AS A PRIMARY RESIDENCE.

A SEPARATE QUESTION RE; BUYING INVESTMENT PROPERTY IN LAKE NONA. HOW MUCH WOULD A 3 BR, 2BA HOME COST AND HOW MUCH WOULD IT RENT FOR?. WOULD VILLAGE WALK, WATERS EDGE, LAUREATE PARK . ... BE GOOD PLACES FOR INVESTMENT IN SFR?

Answers

5
Karen Weathers’ answer
Villagewalk is a very nice and well kept community in Lake Nona. As agents, we suspect that homes in the Lake Nona area (not just Villagewalk) will appreciate nicely in the near future. There are currently 26 homes (includes single family homes, townhomes, villas and 1/2 duplexes) in Villagewalk. Please email me your email address and I will send them all to you. If you choose to purchase something as an investment in this area, you should have no problems finding qualified renters. Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!:).

Karen Weathers, REALTOR
Charles Rutenberg Realty
407-618-6727
Email: environ0103@hotmail.com
Thanks, my email is lajolla92037@gmail.com. Pl. send them to me.
Flag Tue Apr 30, 2013
In terms of inventory here is everything on the MLS in VillageWalk: http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1046235…

The link shows all resales and any builder new construction inventory.

If you want a 5/4 with a three car garage, then you will have to buy new construction on a vacant lot and start from scratch. There has never been a resale of a house that large in VillageWalk. Very few homes that large have ever been built in VillageWalk. For the house you want expect to pay around $550,000.

Best is a totally subjective term. Best for what? VillageWalk is certianly the best resort style development in Lake Nona and I go farther and say it's the best non-tourist resort syle develoment in Central Florida. On the other hand, if you are looking for a family neighborhood, VillageWalk is the worst neighborhood in Lake Nona.

I've sold many homes in Lake Nona to investors. In fact I'm going to Laureate Park this morning to get the paperwork started on another. A 3/2 in Lake Nona these days is going to cost at least $250,000. You might be able to pick up a town house for less than that in Morningside or Water's Edge for under $200,000, but it will be very competitive. Rent wise, figure around $1,600 to $1,800 in most neighborhoods, but over $2,000 in Laureate Park.

The apprecation potentlal this close to the Medical City is enormous.

Mark LeMenager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 29, 2013
Hi, family neighborhood wise what makes village walk worst?can you elaborate please.
Flag Sun Aug 9, 2015
I'm thinking about buying something under $300k for rental. Where will it be a good area to buy that can get a quality tenent quickly. I'm a US citizens living overseas. So, would prefer a quality property with minimum fixing requirement. Thanks!
Flag Tue Dec 2, 2014
Would you like to view my listing on 7990 Esta Lane Orlando on Village Walk in Lake Nona? It is a beautiful house which you may just like, 4 bedroom and den and 3 car garage over 3000 sft.
Call me pls on 407-301-8516 or email me.
You would love this beautiful property available on You Tube too.

Hazel Heyer
Realtor - Keller Williams Realty
407-301-8516
hazel_heyer@hotmail.com
Villagewalk is a great community, I actually live here myself, almost 5 years now and absolutely love it. Nearly every home has water view, outstanding gym, 2 pools, tennis, and has its own gas station inside the community!

As far as appreciation, yes great potential. I actually offer a DISCOUNT on NEW HOME purchases so we we would have to crunch numbers to see which way works out to be less for you. Feel free to email or call me to workout the numbers in detail including the discount, no strings attached.
----TopFLRealtor @gmail.com----

Also this area IS a great investment area due to the ongoing growth. Rental rate for a 3/2 is $1650.
Looks like there is one home with water view that meets your criteria 7930 ESTA LN, ORLANDO and 7990 ESTA LN, ORLANDO Try putting those addresses in the web site http://www.orlhomes.com. Or, send me your email address to steve@orlhomes.com and I will send you a link.

As for what is the best value...that is a tough question. Village Walk, Waters Edge are more established than Laureate Park and also much smaller. Laureate Park is going to be a very large planned community. Visit http://www.learnlakenona.com

Laureate will be very "green" and loaded with great features like fiber optic to the curb. But, it could be 6-12 months for you to get the size house you want with a water view. Laureate Park is in the very early stages of development.

Eagles Creek is another possibility that is more developed than Laureate Park and more of a golf community.

On the rental side, I believe you will be able to rent very easily. With all the future people working in Medical City rental will be strong. I would use .75 - $1.00 per SF as a guide for rental.

I hope this helps a bit. Feel free to contact me directly for more help.

Steve Schiffer
Olde Town Brokers, Inc.
407-466-8188