Home Buying in Jamaica Plain>Question Details

Ritz, Home Buyer in Jamaica Plain, Boston,...

IS ONE QUALIFIED FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN IN AMERICA IF LIVING OUTSIDE AMERICA AND A NATIONAL OF ANOTHER COUNTRY?

Asked by Ritz, Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA Tue Oct 27, 2009

Answers

3
I'm a member of the International Real Estate Federation and a licensed Realtor in MA.

if you still need assistance, please contact me at elizabeth@elizabethherbert.com
Hello Ritz- That is a tough one. Would most likely have to be a nonprime mortgage- a specialty loan.
You would likely have to have 40% down payment- minimum. If you want to contact me I'll try to steer you in the right direction, after I have some further information.

Are you buying it to soon move into, for a vacation house, or as an investment property??

Can you document all your income and assets? Thanks, and good luck,
Ken
In order for a consumer to apply for a mortgage on a foreign property, you must apply through a bank, broker, or financial institution offering mortgages in that particular country.