Connie, Both Buyer and Seller in 91360

IS IT POSSIBLE TO OBTAIN THE ORIGINAL FOOT PRINT (PLOT) OF OUR HOME WHEN IT WAS BUILT IN 1950?

Asked by Connie, 91360 Sat May 3, 2008

on calle pensamiento In thousand oaks Ca. 91360

Answers

3
Hello Connie,

Unless the remote possiblity that county transferred the plans to the city.................

There is enough software over the counter that you could measure and draw the rough plan yourself. What are you planing to do? The last house I lived in I was planing a major remodel before truning it into a rental and I bought drafting software for like $75. I measured and drew the house then drew the second floor. I have a background in construction so this was a little more natural for me, but it really gave me an idea of what I could do.

The house I am in now I measured out the entire outside of the house in relation to the property lines and drew the plot plan on Adobe Illustrator, I set the grid to calculate scale. I am doing a major landscape project and was able to figure the new hardscape and sprinkler system much easier this way. You can check out the project on my youtube channel (tedmackel). My 14 year onld son and I tore out the front yard last weekend with a Bobcat.

If you are working on a project to upgrade your home or yards, drop me an emial and I can show you how I am saving a ton of cash on my upgrades. Upgrades to my last two houses and this one were all done by myself and my wife. I've installed windows repaired the stucco, , electrical, plumbing, done rough and finish carpentry, woodfloors, brick work......the list can get pretty long. I just put 4 yards of fresh base in the the walkways for the front yard for the interlock pavers I will install myself.

If you need a copy of the plat map in a PDF file I can email it to you.

Have a great rest of the weekend.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2008
You're probably out of luck, since The City of Thousand Oaks was not incorporated untilmSeptember 29, 1964. Any title company can furnish you with a property profile showing your specific LOT parcel, however... An architect can also do drawings for you based on your current footprint. Calle Pensamiento is known for having cracked slabs....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2008
Hi Connie, City of Thousand Oaks has a wonderful planning, building and safety division. Have you tried asking in those offices?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2008