Home Buying in Murrieta>Question Details

Brenda, Home Buyer in Aliso Viejo, CA

IS IT A HIG H CRIME AREA?

Asked by Brenda, Aliso Viejo, CA Thu Oct 4, 2012

Answers

5

Enclosed is a link that shows crime activity on known offenses reported by law enforcement in an FBI report.

I'll expand on the answer given by Nikki below, we cannot steer clients to or from neighborhoods and we cannot answer a question regarding "high crime areas" as it is too loosely defined. One crime may be "high crime" to you and 20 may be "high crime" to another. It is best for an agent to refer you to the local PD as Nikki did or refer you to other websites. Don't forget the meaganslaw website too at
http://www.meaganslaw.ca.gov.

Good Luck
I've been hearing this question a lot. The only thing I can assume, is that prices are so low, how can the houses be this big and price so low without some "catch". Is this what your thought process was?

Murrieta is a nice area, check crime statistics, they can be googled. But, better yet, if you come in the area, drive by the neighborhood and see for yourself. Signs of a high crime are not present in this area.

This would be a good move as the schools are ranked high, the neighborhoods are family oriented, there's tons of parks, jobs and dining and shopping.

If you'd like to take a look, I will be in Temecula this weekend.

Good Luck,
Valli Lopez
CA DRE 01810641
619.916.9595 cell
Valli@thebrikhogroup.com
Hi Brenda,

Like all other cities, you have your good areas and you have your bad areas. As Realtors, we're not really allowed to say "Stay away from this neighborhood, or another." What I do recommend is to first determine what area of Murrieta you want to live in, and then call the Murrieta Police Department to get their input on the crime rate in that area.

Here's the link to the Murrieta PD
http://www.murrieta.org/services/police/default.asp

Once you decide, please let me know if you need help finding a house.

Nikki Aguirre
Real Estate Broker
DRE: 01731793
yourrealtornikki@gmail.com
we have much fewer rapes, murders, robberies, assaults, thefts than most of California:-) But I'd still lock the front door when going to bed and keep the car doors locked.

see link below
No, Murrieta is a low crime area along with Temecula

What is your price range? So I can send you a list of properties...

Daniel Willms

Real Estate Broker Lic# 01192011
951-326-6410
dwillms@gte.net