Home Buying in Nashville>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in Nashville, TN

ISO great spot for a relocating family of four (completely unfamiliar with Nashville)?

Asked by Chris, Nashville, TN Thu Jan 24, 2013

Ideally targeting list of ~$160,000, single family home, 3BD/2BA minimum. Must haves are minimal: decent yard (active dog and elementary age kids), great schools, safe neighborhood, 30 minute (or less) commute. Any general areas on which to concentrate or avoid. I will be working downtown by the State House. Cheers!

We live in Mt. Juliet, about 20 minutes out of Nashville (depending on traffic). It is beautiful, still has somewhat of a smaller town feel and super convenient. The schools here are great..Davidson county schools don't have a great reputation. Good luck finding a home!
I did an open house Sunday for a cute property in Donelson, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, fenced in back yard. One car garage, needs new carpet, it's only 138! Give me a call and I'll send you the listing info.
Sharon 615-289-6502
Hi Chris: Inglewood and Donelson are both neighborhoods less than 30 minutes from downtown that will have some homes in your price range. Inglewood is adjacent to East Nashville, which has become a very hip and popular area with good restaurants, and it has a nice park: Shelby Park. $160,000 is about the minimum range for a nice home with 3 beds, 2 baths in this area. You are going to find older, ranch style homes, but often they will have been renovated. Dan Mills Elementary is considered by some parents I know to be a good elementary school in this area. Donelson is a little further from downtown (but not much), and close to Opry Mills and the Airport. While it's true, as a realtor, I can't "steer" you, I can tell you that I have sold many home sales in the East Nashville/Inglewood area for folks in the $150,000-$200,000 range. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Holly Butler, Reliant Realty. 615-977-6031
I recommend checking out http://www.greatschools.org/

To help you view the area schools, Nashville schools are Metro Nashville Public Schools and the surrounding counties that should have homes in your price range are Sumner, Wilson, Rutherford, Cheatham, and Robertson.

We can't "steer" you toward any particular area, but I think it's often great for the parents to check into the schools and narrow their search from there. You can narrow the results to public elementary schools. Once you've decided on a few schools zones your realtor could tell you which zones have homes meeting your requirements in your price range. If you aren't working with a Realtor feel free to contact me with any additional questions.
there are many great areas within a 30 minute commute of downtown Nashville that would be well-suited to your family's needs. Are you wanting a newer home or do you love the charm of an older neighborhood?

I would love to chat with you to learn more about you and your family, and what your more specific needs and wants are. I have earned the designation of Accredited Buyer's Representataive, which is awarded to those agents who meet certain criteria in sales and continuing education. I'm 100% confident that I can find you the perfect new home in Nashville.

Please feel free to give me a call at 615.582.4783 or email me at terry@terrybooth.com.
I can recommend a realtor in the Mount Juliet area of town which will have what you are looking for.
Let me know.

Rory Lithgow
The Home Lending Source