Alvy, Home Buyer in Wantagh, NY

IF I find a property on trulia.com that I like should I contact the realtor I am normally dealing with or

Asked by Alvy, Wantagh, NY Sat Jun 21, 2008

contact the realtor in the listing? New buyer here - obviously

Answers

13
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Best of luck!
If the agent has shown you properties and you are comfortable with them, why wouldn't you contact him/her? If you jump around no one agent gets the true feel for you as a buyer. We try to help to the best of our ability buyers who rely on us. We do work for the seller as long as there is no "buyer agreement".
Yes Because everything is on MLS he would be able to help u
I would contact your Realtor first. Does your realtor have you set up on searches to automatically notify you of homes that meet your criteria? It might make things easier, but it depends on your personal preference. Good for you for asking rather than just assuming!
If you have a good relationship it is in your best interest to deal with someone you like and have a good relatonsip with
You should, remember we,agents,work for the homeowner unless you are working with a buyers agent
Hi Alvy,

It soumds like you are working with a Realtor. So the answer to your question is yes, you should contact the realtor you are normally dealing with, why wouldn't you? If you didn't like this realtor in the first place why would you be dealing with him or her normally? In addition when you contact the listing agent/sellers agent they represent the seller. Although there is such a thing call " dual agency " when an agent can represent both the buyer and the seller, but if I was buying a homne I wouldn't want to be represented by a dual agent.
Stick to the person you are working with and good luck to you finding the home of your dreams.

On Youe Team.
Irena Popilevsky
Appleseed Homes
(917) 579-4455
http://www.irenapopilevsky.com
Assuming that you like and trust your buyer's agent (and if you don't.. what are you doing with them... go find someone else) the answer is simple.

Always, always, always contact your buyer's agent. Period.

As a buyer's agent, we always want to be called, regarding a property that you have questions about, interest in, or would like to view. That's a part of our job. The last thing I want to hear is that you contacted a listing agent to view a property. It could seriously complicate any effort to purchase that property should you decide to go forward.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 26, 2009
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Hi Alvy,
If the property you find on Trulia.com is in the area that you and your realtor are currently looking in AND you feel both comfortable with them and confident in their abilities, then yes, give them a buzz. On the other hand, if you are cruising Trulia and discover a home in a whole new area that's quite a bit further afield, then you may want to consider contacting the listing agent. Why? If you find you don't like that particular home after all, BUT fall in love with the area, you want a local pro to help you navigate the neighborhoods. I would still go ahead and give your agent a call and let them know...who knows, maybe they can give you a referral to a terrific agent in the other area. Happy House Hunting!
Web Reference: http://www.simandmark.com
You work with a person that you like and feel comfortable with
Unless you're made of Rubber you should not be bouncing around! Interview agents, Hire one that you are comfortable with & who is competent to represent you. Now work with them to find the right home for you.
Hi Mark, If you had signed an agreement with that agent, then you must contact that agent. If you have not, you may call any agent you want. However, I suggest that you work with an agent that you feel comfortable with. Don't be bouncing around. In New York, unless you hire an agent to represent you, they all represent the seller. Wouldn't you want to be represented? I am an Accreditted Buyers Representative in your area and would take the time to explain the difference. There are very few agents who have the knowledge, experience and credentials to be a buyer's representative. Call anytime (516) 236-8302
Mark - do you have a buyer agreement with a Realtor? If so, that is the person you should contact. If not, you should find a Realtor that you are comfortable with who will represent you. A buyer's agent does more than just find a property - in fact, many buyers find the property themselves, but rely on their Realtor to get the deal to closing. Buyers agents look out for the buyer's best interests, and perform such duties as .preparing paperwork, providing advice and information, negoitiating on your behalf.