Maribel Mend…, Renter in Orlando, FL

Husband has been working since November. He Graduated college that November as well. We are thinking of buying a house. Is it to early?

Asked by Maribel Mendez, Orlando, FL Mon Feb 17, 2014

Answers

3
Not at all. I think now is a great time. The interest rates are still pretty low and there are still some good buys on the market. If the interest rate goes up, like they are predicting then let me give you an example. If you were to purchase a $200,000 home for example, and the interest rate goes up 1% then your monthly mortgage will cost you about $160 more a month for that same house. So grab the rate while you can. Let me know if I can help - Carol Herzing, Realtor, Russell Real Estate Services 440-759-3347
Hi Maribel, I can possibly work with the situation that her husband is in. It will depend on how he is paid. If he is commissioned, it is too soon. If he is paid full-time hourly, or salaried, it may work. If I can be of assistance, feel free to contact me at your convenience. You can live chat with me at the link below and my full contact information tagline will also be posted as a reply to this comment. Regards, Robert Hanson: robertlh66@verizon.net
I can do a full underwriting approval ahead of time if need be and I also offer credit score improvement programs for free while we work on your mortgage.

If you like my answer above, consider clicking on a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer”

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549 Cell: 301-651-7822
Email: robertlh66@verizon.net
NMLS# 695929
Flag Mon Feb 17, 2014
Maribel,
It depends on what his work is and how it ties into his degree among other things. Obvious issues of credit, debt, assets and job security will all need to line up too. Meet with a lender and discuss your situation. Start with the bank you currently use, but don't complete a full application unless they tell you things look positive based on your husbands job.