mohanalok, Home Buyer in Plano, TX

How would you rate homes in Cypress point as compared to Willow Bend west?

Asked by mohanalok, Plano, TX Sat Jun 16, 2012

Answers

6
I looked at both recently and liked Cypress Point better. Those few subdivisions including Cypress Point, Cypress Creek Estates ,Oakbrook Estates and Red wolf Estates are totally best kept secrets of West Plano. You can find really nice custom homes feeding into West Plano schools and location is really ideal for commute, dinning, shopping, medical needs, entertainment with added benefit of greenery, creeks, golf and nearby nature reserve. I moved here from Coppell and really loving it.
Both communities are prestigious and very similar. Cypress point is smaller and gated. Both feed to awesome West Plano schools and are very close to Willow Bend Mall, Arbor Hill Natural Reserve, creeks, golf, presto/park shops, Rec center, Presbyterian Hospital, strip malls, entertainment, Shops at Legacy,highways etc. I live in Golf Community near Cypress Point and really love the area and all that it adds to our life style but my community doesn't feed to PISD so its not comparable. A friend of mine lives in similar small custom community of Estates of Cypress Creek next door to Cypress Point and he was saying that 5 homes were sold in his community in last year for 525,000-645,000 and even one that was outdated and had awkward layout was sold for almost 400,000. I say that average of 132 $/sq feet is awesome in this awful market. You'll not be disappointed with this area.
WOW. great selection for communities... I agree with all the other Realtors statements .. however it I would take inconsideration many more features as your agent I would point out to assist you in making a decision.

Contact my office today if you are not currently working with a Realtor happy move forward with your home purchase process.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
They are both wonderful communities and homes feeding into 2 different exemplary elementary schools. If you like to live in a gated community then Cypress Point is your choice. I'd be happy to show you the area and properties in both communities if you are not currently working with any realtor. Let me know what your search criteria is, you can call me at the number below. I specialized in the North Dallas area.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
The homes in both neighborhoods are similar in size, age and style. Cypress Point is a gated community, and both areas have greenbelts and lake/pond features. Cypress is a smaller neighborhood and fewer homes are for sale there. If you would like to tour the areas and view some of the homes, please contact me. My office is within a mile of each community and you can email me at joannebryan@ebby.com. If you would like me to email you a list of available homes in both communities, I would be happy to do so.

Joanne
214-929-7560
Based on MLS data:

1, The HOA dues in Cypress Point (~1550/yr) are much higher than Willow Bend West (ranging from $300+-$500+/yr)
2. Cypress Point feeds into Barksdale elementary while Willow Bend West feeds into Centennial elementary. The middle, high and senior high schools are same
3. In the last six months Willow Bend West had more sales - 6 sales. The avg sale price in Willow Bend West was around $122/sqft based on last six months of sale data. In Cypress point there was only one sale and it was a foreclosed home at ~$88/sqft

These are just some stats on HOA, Schools and Selling Prices. I'd drive around the two communities individually to explore further and prioritize per your needs. Hope this helps.