Home Buying in Sanibel>Question Details

Rick, Home Buyer in 19930

How would you describe the difference between captiva island and sanibel island to someone that has not spent much time on either island?

Asked by Rick, 19930 Sun Aug 1, 2010

Answers

1
Phaidra McDermott’s answer
Sanibel Island is approx. 12 miles long, 21 miles of bike paths, 60+% of the island is sanctuary land and wildlife refuge, many different subdivisions and neighborhoods, includes a K-8 school, state of the art recreation center, lots of activities including Big Arts, live musical performances, Art shows and galleries, and much more.

Captiva Island is 3 miles long, quite narrow (in parts only a 1/4 mile wide) offering Gulf to Bay residents and Estate zoned properties. There is a small "downtown" or "village" area with quaint little shops and restaurants, and smaller residential land and homes in this area.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have further questions and I'd be happy to help! info@sanibelrealestate.net