Shaun, Home Buyer in 11429

How would I go about finding out about 1st time home buyers grants or credits in my area?? thanks

Asked by Shaun, 11429 Tue May 3, 2011

Answers

5
Shaun,

Congatulations on taking the first steps toward becoming a home owner!

You are going to want two good people on your "buying team" to help you out: A great buyer's agent and a great loan officer. These people will help you through the process of qualifying to buy a home, helping you find the most affordable options to buy - including Grants and Credits, and help you find the right home.

If I were just starting out buying, I would interview 2-3 Realtors to see what they have to say about how they work. You will be working closely with this person, so make sure you find someone with the right experience and attitude.Directly let the Realtors that you do not select know that you have chosen to work with someone else and thank them for their time. Then, get started with the one you like the most.

Your selected buyer's agent can help you find the right loan officer. It is imperitive to become pre-qualified for a home that matches your budget. Once your buying power is determined and you set your budget, the "finding a home process" can begin. My most successful buyers do a lot of on-line shopping for homes in their price range to become clear about the type of home they can purchase within their budget and how that matches their preferences in homes. Keep in close communication with your agent as you become more familiar with your options.

Good Luck to you - Buying a home for the first time is very exciting - and remember - the more questions you ask and clarity you seek, the more you will protect yourself and learn what you need to know to become a successful real estate investor!
Web Reference: http://www.ProsperAZ.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 3, 2011
Good links by Anna Brocco. I thought I was among the only ones with these links handy!

Shaun, good luck. SONYMA is a good way to go.
Thanks for the replies this was very helpful....Ann why couldn't you have been located in NYC you seem like the perfect agent, and would be great to work with
Hello Shaun,
I suggest that you contact a few mortgage Brokers in your area to determine if there are any credits or grants available to you. They will have the information that you seek.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty