Home Buying in Winchester>Question Details

Kim, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

How would I find out what HOA's serve in Winchester,CA or the Vista Del Valle area?

Asked by Kim, San Diego, CA Thu Mar 26, 2009

Why is it so hard to find information on what homeowners association serves where? This should be easy to do when you want to purchase a home with an HOA, so that you may know if you want to be a part of THAT association/

Answers

5
We couldn't agree more. And once you find out who the HOA is, and their contact info, it is very common that they're slow and difficult to work with. We list and sell bank owned properties and we have to get the HOA info and that is one of the toughest tasks for us.
Kim, There are many Homeowners associations in and around Winchester. Escrow companies have exact information on all of the addresses covered by each Home owner's association. When escrow is opened on a home you receive a package during your due diligence period, from the Homeowners Association so that you can go over all of the stipulations, Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, (CC&R's).

Some HOA's are very relaxed about their rules and some are very strict with enforcing things such as parking RV's, items in the front of the house such as trash cans & basketball hoops.

If you are really concerned and want information before you put an offer on the home, ask your Realtor to get the information from escrow so that you can review it before you submit your offer.
Web Reference: http://soreal.biz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 30, 2009
Not necessarily, I too work in escrow and it can sometimes be a real struggle to get HOA information as well as the management company handling the HOA.
Flag Thu May 14, 2015
I'm sorry, but I work in escrow, and we do NOT have a list of HOA companies for each and every house. We get the HOA info from the seller or their agent, and then request documents from the HOA information provided to us. Unfortunately, we have no certain way of knowing what HOA manages which properties. CC&Rs can sometimes mention an HOA, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is THE HOA on the property, as CC&Rs are usually filed many years ago and the HOA can change or even close down completely and another reopen. I agree mostly with Jesse below... if the seller doesn't have the HOA info, ask neighbors. HOAs are community corporations, run mostly by people in the neighborhood. If no one in the neighborhood knows about one, then there likely is not one. We, as escrow, wish there was a listing of all HOAs and their assigned neighborhoods, but that DOES NOT exist.
Flag Mon Jul 8, 2013
The listing agent is required to furnish the HOA's CC&Rs which list the HOA along with contact information. Shouldn't be that hard.

Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
I live in Vista Del Valle II and it is serviced by Voit Management out of Murrieta. I hope this helps.
Hello Kim, I agree. It is very difficult to find out HOA info and it is very frustrating for homebuyers. Jane makes a great point about escrow companies being good resources to find out who the HOA is on a particular property. They will typically search any other homes that may have sold on that street and pull the HOA info. But even that is sometimes not available.

I see you are located in San Diego- fortunately most San Diego (SANDICOR) MLS listings have HOA contact info on the listing. This is very helpful and should also be available in the Riverside county MLS (although it is not at this time).

If the home is an REO you can also try searching title reports for any HOA liens recorded. Sometimes you can find out which management company runs the HOA via title records as it may be on the preliminary title report. Your agent should be able to assist you with these searches and if all else fails you can talk to one of the neighbors to get contact info for the HOA.

Good luck and I hope this helps.