Ally, Home Buyer in New York, NY

How valuable is a key a Gramercy Park?

Asked by Ally, New York, NY Thu Apr 30, 2009

Answers

8
Hello Ally,
The key to Gramercy park, is as valuable as you can make it! you can enjoy the park every day or just hold onto the key for prestige!! You seem to be intrigued with the KEY to Gramercy Park!! I was asked by a renter to only lease an apt around the park so he can get the key! and I did, but i do not see him sitting in Gramercy park that often!! It's a beautiful park and only available to people who own or rent an apt around the Park. It is THEIR Common area. Building around the park pay Maintenance to upkeep the Park so they can have a common area. IT is not only for the buildings around the park, it is also for a few other buildings, just a few more, since they managed to get it. The synaguogue as well as the church also have a key. So if you pass by and see a Christmas tree as well as a Menorah! then you would know that people from the Church or Synagugue along with its congragation went in the park to decorate the tree or light the Menorah!! The congregation of course will not have the same priviledges as the building, since it is a one day deal!
There are so many articles and books written about Gramercy park and Gramercy so you can enjoy all of these articles and know more by googling Gramercy park. The good news is Gramercy park is not the only park in the nrighborhood; we have Madison Square park, Stuyvesent Park and Union Square are all withing a few steps away and they are all open to the public unlike Gramercy park.
Let me know if you have any other questions or need a key to the Park ;-)
Best Regards
Fern hamberger
Vice president Associate broker NYRS
CITIHABITATS Relocation
fhamberger@citi-habitats.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
As a status symbol; priceless. An original solid gold key; quite a bit. A personal key: $350. A lost key $1,000.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Hi Ally,

Here is an interesting article from the NY Times you might find interesting. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/30/realestate/how-do-you-get-…

Do not hesitate to contact me if you are considering buying an apartment !

Nicolas -

---
Nicolas Puygrenier ǀ Licensed Real Estate Broker
Mona Lisa Real Estate Group LLC
419 Lafayette Street, New York, NY 10003
Telephone: 917 499 1917
Email: nicolas.puygrenier@monalisanyc.com
It's a status symbol that comes with the excellent location. Let's great dinner conversation as well as a great marketing tool when selling. The park is very rare in the city, to answer your question how valuable is the key? It's very valuable, how many people can honestly say the have "the key" to the grammercy park? Best of luck, go for it.

TONY LARA
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
tlara@crrnyc.com
Ally,
The key to the park gets you in to enjoy the park.
It is the common area for all the buildings surrounding the park, the owners pay to maintain their park. Some buildings have rooftop, pools, business centers, etc... the buildings areound the park have Gramercy Park. So if you wish to enjoy Gramercy park, you will either have to rent or buy an apartment around the park.
It is a beautiful park specially in the summer time.
PLease let me know if you have any other questions, I will be able to help answer them.
Fern Hamberger
Senior Associate broker
Citi-Habitats
fhamberger@citi-habitats.com
646-660-0060
Hi Ally.

I think that question is a very personal one. Think of it as a Status Symbol with Bragging Rights. New York is a very big city, and Gramercy Park is a very small park, with very few buildings (in comparison) and that alone makes it very special to many people.

For that key, you will also pay a high premium. If that isn't a concern, then by all means, look for something aroun the park, buy it and let all your friends know about it :).

OR

Purchase something close to the park, you wont have to pay a Gas Guzzler Park Premium on the apartment, you can make a new friend who has a key and ask them to use it from time to time.

What do you think about that Ally?
Congratulations! According to NYMAg, a key to Gramercy park is as close to heaven as you can get in Manhattan. I think it's safe to say that that a key to Gramercy Park (legitimately obtained of course) is extremely valuable.

Cut and paste the link for details: http://nymag.com/realestate/articles/neighborhoods/gramercyp…

I heart NY!

Phoebe