Home Buying in Oklahoma City>Question Details

J.D. White, Home Seller in Oklahoma City, OK

How to sell a property?

Asked by J.D. White, Oklahoma City, OK Sun Oct 27, 2013

2448 West Sheridan, vacant lot, .1637 of an acre, it is in a good neighborhood and has been on the market for a year now with no interested buyers.

Jim Simms’ answer
Stop being a seller, switch sides, use the lot as down payment on something you want or need. Trade it. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
Selling a vacant lot in an area where there is not a lot, or no new construction houses, tends to be a little more difficult than if people are building houses around that area. I have an investor that purchases lots and houses and pays all the closing costs (yours and his) as part of the sell. I would be more than happy to talk to him about it. There would be no real estate commission to be paid this way. He covers that as well. Would you be interested in finding out what he may offer for your property? If so, send me an email and we'll chat.

Trent Rhodes, Senior Real Estate Consultant
Metro Brokers of Oklahoma
Office: (405) 543-2248
Email: info@trentrhodes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 28, 2013
Ironically my brother lives on the other side of Villa so I am very familiar with this area. As you can see by looking at Google maps, the area is not one that people are busting down anyone's door to purchase in. Your best option would to either offer to either land owner on either side or just keep it listed until it sells. It may be one of those properties that takes years to sell. It is such a mix of good bad and ugly mixed in with Industrial, etc so pinpointing the likely buyer may be difficult.

Best of luck!

Russell Benson, REALTOR®
Prudential Alliance Realty
Lot pricing should be around 10 to 18% of the neighborhood completed average. If the margins are not in the lot to build a home, no one will purchase the lot.
Hire a Realtor and let them do the selling and advertising. This is what most of us do best! This, in turn, allows you to focus on what you do best.

Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.ubhometeam.com
Find out what is permissable on the lot.
Can someone install a mobile home?
A manufactured home?
A prefab?
Stick build only?
What services are already available?
Do you have a quote from a prefab builder?
Now, that the product is better defined, you may want to consider more targeted online marketing.
You are better able to sell opportunity instead of a .1637 acre vacant lot.

Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
Good Morning:

Trent nailed it, the only thing I can suggest is lower the price and the most likely will not help:
you can also donate it to the church, the school district