Igloo, Other/Just Looking in 85255

How to remove mosquito fish from pool?

Asked by Igloo, 85255 Mon Apr 30, 2012

I am within a week of closing on a short sale (fingers crossed!) that we've been waiting for since early January. We know the pool was treated with mosquito fish about a month ago, and are wondering what we should do to remove the fish once we get into the home? The pool is still green, and the water level has gone down a bit too with the warmer weather. Is the best course of action to just drain the pool water/algae sludge (with the fish in it), or to try and remove all the fish first and then shock the remaining pool water with chemicals? Do we need to collect the fish and return to the Maricopa County Environmental Services? Just not sure what people typically do in this situation...

I know they are just little fish, but don't really want to harm them if it can be avoided. We want to get this pool fixed quickly so it's ready before Summer gets here! Help?!

i would recommend calling a pool company ask them how they typically remedy this situation.

You may be best draining the pool, and acid washing the surfaces. Most pools that turn green tend to stain the pool surface.

There are many companies in the valley who reasonably perform pool draining and cleaning.

I would suggest that you consult with the Maricopa County Environmental Service and ask them;
They may want their first back!

Next, you should talk to a Pool Company; I would bet that you will have to drain the pool, clean the filters and start over.

Your family will be swimming in that, sucking in the water and dipping their eyes and ears in it;
Do you really want to cut corners here?