Home Buying in Troy>Question Details

Sm, Home Buyer in Troy, MI

How to negotiate the price of a new home ?

Asked by Sm, Troy, MI Thu May 3, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Troy

Answers

6
Karen Paytas’ answer
As Vera said. Get an experienced agent to provide you with comparable sales of like homes in the area. If you're talking about new construction you should still use an agent experienced in new construction. It's always best to have someone looking out for your best interests.

If you would like assistance I would be happy to help.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 3, 2012
Sm,

Our realtor just had a client to purchase new house in Rochester hills with upgrades and price adjustments.

Let us know how we can help you and would be glad to pass our realtor contact to you.

Best wishes,
Ron
http://www.TheBestMIHomes.com
http://www.AffordableMIHomes.com
Sm,
I have several listings currently in Troy, I have clients looking at the build jobs in Troy right now as well. However, most builders prices are set in stone. As a matter of fact, most cost more than the suggested price because of updates. Sometimes these updates such as countertops or hard wood floors or cabinets can be avoided by having the builder let you put in these items. Almost all of the builders are working with a Realtor . This Realtor is a Sellers agent and will not be representing YOU. You should work with a buyers agent to represent you. Best Regards, Steve
You can try to negotiate the price, but a builder who is planning on continuing to build in the subdivision will not negotiate price. The reason is if you are buying a 500k property for 450k, the new appraisal and comp standard for that plan is now 450k and the builder will never see the 500k level again. We are handcuffed by the rules set forth by our government and cannot have a sale! (Thank Obama) If we want to sweeten the “deal” we basically have to “hide the money” aka upgrades from the appraiser and the lenders. Items which can be upgraded since it is much harder to determine value are flooring, electrical fixtures, upgraded paint, better insulation and better hvac equipment. We cannot lower the price, give away free sq. footage or add a garage when we do this we are having a going out of business sale in this subdivision since we cannot recreate the product for 450k and stay in business.
How was it before Obama?
Flag Thu May 10, 2012
You should always have an experienced agent looking out for your best interest. I just did a contract on behalf of my purchaser where the builder wanted the purchaser to pay the state and county transfer tax on the sale of the home. Example: $200,000.00 X $8.60 = $1,720.00. Plus, I helped my client get the upgrades they wanted with out any extra cost to them.

Mary Hipol
Century 21 Premier
734-306-5369
mary.hipol@ymail.com
Get an experienced Realtor to help you. Feel free to contact me!

Vera