MJ, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

How to find information about builders, neighborhood, and median home price in a certain area?

Asked by MJ, Houston, TX Mon Apr 6, 2009

I am interested to know more about http://www.trulia.com/property/1058715618-7906-Audubon-Sprin…

My concern is that there seems to be no development going on for a while in the community. I saw a lot of open lots there. So I want to make sure the builder, Brighton Homes, is doing fine. I heard about several builders going out of business due to this economy in the past several months, and I am afraid of that.

I am not represented by any realtor at this time, and I did not have a courage to go into the sales office, so I could not ask the question to them directly.

If someone knows any information, I trully appreciate it.

Answers

4
This is a very simple question to answer. Just search the website and the BBB to make sure that the builder is right for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
I highly suggest using a Real Estate Agent with your home purchase. You will have someone completely looking after your best interests. Regarding new home subdivisions, you always take that gamble in new developments. Even if a builder is doing fine, you never know what could happen a year from now. If you are concerned, you may want to research established areas and neighborhoods.
Loretta is correct, the best way to examine this neighborhood is to contact a Realtor. According to the Houston MLS, Brighton Homes does appear to have some inventory homes on the market and growth appears to be slow in the area. The resale market in this particular zip code appears to be experiencing a substantial number of foreclosures. There are other neighborhoods in the Cy-Fair area further out Highway-290 that are more developed and stable than the subject area. If you would like to get a detailed report on the market stats for this area, you can go to http://www.freehoustonmarketreport.com and sign up for a free MLS Market Snapshot report that will give you detailed listing and sales prices along with the market trends for this or any other Houston neighborhood. You can contact me at http://www.houstonprimerealty.com
The basic information can be found on Turlia.com and Realtor.com. But getting over the stagefright and asking a REALTOR in your local area would be your best solution. If you are not sure who you want to connect with stop at a Real Estate office in the area you want to purchase in. After you speak to the Agent go home and google their name and company. There should be ample amount of information for you to research.
Answering questions and offering information is what Realtors do. We do more than just show homes. We are mentors, teachers, organizers, resarchers and sometimes taxi drivers with no meters running. I am sure what ever office you decide to walk into the receiving agent will stand up , shake your hand and ask. "What can I do for you?" after that it is a home run.

Best of Luck
Loretta Chiapperino
Century 21 Gross & Jansen Realtors
Vernon, NJ