Home Buying in 19422>Question Details

RS, Home Buyer in Blue Bell, PA

How to find an agent (full or part time) who has formal education and experience in building construction/architect?

Asked by RS, Blue Bell, PA Thu Jan 9, 2014

We are looking in Montgomery County, PA.

Help the community by answering this question:


Thanks for all the responses. We are expecting from agent more than auto MLS search, sale comparison pdf and transaction facilitator.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 14, 2014
Sorry, didn't see Michael's post. He seems like a good resource to interview also.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
Hi RS. Matthew below seems like a good resource to interview. I have another if you would like. He is a LEED AP certified architect, engineer, project manager, etc.

I would be curious to know why you want your realtor to have that background specifically when you would still be hiring an architect/contractor? Thanks!

Also, I would be extremely careful when hiring a part time Realtor as they may/couldlack the transactional experience to represent you best or properly, in my view.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
Hi RS,

Linkedin would be a great way of finding that out. If your interested I can attach a hyperlink to my Linkedin profile. I am a licensed real estate agent for Berkshire Hathaway and I have a business degree from Temple Universty, I'm also the project manager for my fathers construction company, Country Homes Building & Design Group inc. Please let me know if you need any help.

Thank you,

Matthew Condello

Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Fox & Roach, Realtors
Springhouse Office
1600 North Bethlehem Pike, Suite 100
Lower Gwynedd, PA 19002
Office 215-542-1770
Direct 215-767-3079
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
Good question, and I am not sure how you would go about finding someone with formal education that is also licensed other than the daunting task of interviewing many different agents by phone or email. However, many agents who have a decent amount of years in the business should be able to help you. For instance, I myself am a member of a small development company in Montgomery County which develops land and builds houses. I have a decent amount of knowledge about architecture and even more so, engineering. Yet, I have had no formal training and usually employ the right experts to help my clients with anything beyond my scope of experience. Maybe teaming an agent with a professional engineer/architect would be the best solution for you. I would be happy to have my engineer, who also employs an in house architect, meet with us to help you with your needs. Let me know if that would be a good option for you. Best of luck!

Michael Torres
RE/MAX Reliance
215-275-2009 call or text
Web Reference: http://movinginmontco.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer