Min Li, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

How to find a good home?

Asked by Min Li, Chicago, IL Wed Jun 19, 2013

Answers

21
You need a very good real estate agent to help you in the process- Good Loan Officer--god Home inspector- good Attorney.
I think you should come into my office and let me help you,I am only $150 an hour and will giveyou the best advice
Interview a few Realtors to find who you think would be a good fit for you they will be able to help you out.
Are you paying cash or obtaining a loan?

If a loan get pre qualified by a Lender.

After this work with a realtor to identify a home that meets your budget, geographic preference, size, etc.

Good Luck.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Hi Min,
I would love to share a home buying strategy session where we go over your personal needs and then the home buying process from A to Z. I'm a conceirge broker meaning that I coordinate the process all in office. We start with the end in mind and map out with my clients from mortgage to inspection, title to closing, and follow up.
Wanda
http://www.coldwellbankeronline.com/real_estate_agent/5958/W…
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

There is a book on Amaon called a"Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below!

Best of luck!
I would seek out the best Realtor you can find, have them introduce you to the local lender they trust the most, get pre-approved for a mortgage. Gather up all of the support documents the loan officer needs BEFORE you apply to be pre-approved. Any pre-approval without a review of the support documents is simply a gamble. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
Speak with a few lenders to see what you can afford. Then find an agent to help you. Also look on various R E web sites to look at property on your own. Go to open houses in the areas you are interested in. Over time you will find what you want. My web site has some information that might help in your search.
Piece of cake!
First determine how much home you can afford.
Second determine when you want to move.
Third evaluate your credit profile to verifiy you can actually do this at this time.
Forth, prioritize what you want in your home, size, pool, yard, single story, etc.
-
Finally, consult a real estate professional to determine if your expecations align with what the current market provides.
-
Be aware, the 'good' home go fast. Many, if not most, are sold before they ever cast a shadow on an aggregate real estate websites. If you are not ready to buy, entertaining yourself on Zillow and Trulia is practical. When, however, you get serious, relying on aggregate websites prove to be a exercise of futility. At some point, when you are serious, you will need to contact a Realtor (r) to get access to the local Multiple Listing Service.
-
A serious buyer will pick up the phone and call.
A tire kicker, a non-committed buyer, will push that 'contact' button and leave a message.
What will you do?

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.
Hi Min,

Next to an experience local real estate professional, the internet is today's best resource for both buyers and sellers. Today people have the opportunity to access information that far exceeds what customers of years ago were able to. With this said, all buyers should invest time in becoming informed about their target location(s). No, this doesn't mean you should find your home on your own, only educate yourself about price points, personal criteria and locations. This will hopefully prepare you to be able to make an informed decision that meets you and your family's needs.

As you have heard in this forum, there are other places to begin the search process with getting pre-approved and finding a good agent leading the way but in my opinion, there's more to the process than these recommendations. All buyers in today's day and age should be making a concerted effort in collecting important information that will help make your decision faster, easier and better.

Best wishes,

Please start by getting preapproved by a good lender. Why waste your time looking at homes, if you can't get financing first. How much do you have to put down will determine the kind of loan you will need. After your financing is in place then you can find the home that will fit your needs. If you're approved for FHA there are restrictions your home must meet before a lender will finance. You need to know these things.
First you have to figure out how much can you buy. Then you have to figure out the area that you
would like to consider. Then you have to figure out the amenities that you would consider in a home.
Contact me and I will help you prepare a game plan to obtain a good home based on your personal needs and wants. Call me at 847-987-2198 or email me at martinsanchez@realtor.com
Work with a good local agent. Let them know exactly what you are looking for and they should be able to help.
Call me!
Dan Porter
@properties
847.942.2291

Great lender at Guaranteed Rate for pre-approval, Sam Sheppard. Call for details.
Get a good real estate agent. They will be able to help every step of the way.
What is your budget? Do you have any area prefernce?
Would you like to buy move in condition or something rehub?
Find good realtor and he/she will assist you with all.
With respect
Prioritize you needs and wants. Visit neighborhoods at different times of day and night and see if you like the feel of the area. Find and interview agents that specialize in the areas you like. Relay your needs and wants to your agent.
It helps to start with a List describing your Dream home. Compare that to a separate list made by anyone else that would be purchasing the home with you if there or living with you.
Talk to real estate agents to find one that you feel comfortable with. I always want my buyers to meet with a Lender to discuss financials so that you know what you can comfortable afford and also what they will lend you.
You don't want to start looking and fall in love with something you later find you cannot afford.

Good luck. And don't worry, everyone gets nervous buying their first home. A good agent will be there all the way.
And the best thing is that you don't pay the agent anything :)

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.
Tim Gallagher
Keller Williams Preferred Realty
773-505-2698
Min,

Its a big decision. I have a unique system to help you find the right home. Call of text me at 773-814-8466. You can also email me anytime tony@mcprealtor.com i can show you how to run searches from my site. Talk to you soon...
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.